The Student Room Group

Online access to nursing

Hi, can someone reccomend, please good access to nursing online please?
Reply 1
Hiya,

I carried out an Access Course with the Distance Learning Centre, while it wasn't for Nursing it was in another healthcare field. If you are looking for an online college to just get it done, that will be more than sufficient. There is very little engagement with other students (if any) and little contact with your Tutor unless you schedule tutorial calls or ask for help with specific tasks. Ultimately you are teaching yourself the subject with about a Unit a week or two for larger credit units. This worked perfectly for me as a mature student with a life beyond education and working full time for the NHS.

I certainly struggled at times, but it made me a much stronger learner as everything I learned was on my own. It's not for everyone, but I certainly didn't want to attend a local college several times a week so this did the job I needed it to. Now I'm am off to St George's in September to study the degree I wanted, something I wasn't even sure I would be able to achieve if you had asked me 8 months ago.

Give us a shout if you need any more info/help.
Reply 2
Hi, thank you so much for your message.What are you study if I can ask please?
I am mature student too.How old are you?
Original post by Julia41
Hi, can someone reccomend, please good access to nursing online please?

@Julia41
I've taught on an access to HE program for 10 years so can give you some extra advice.

There are some great online providers out there, however, I have taught in a college for 10 years on-site and can say that some Access to HE programs online have a very high drop out rate. It is for the reasons that the previous poster has stated usually.

Is there a possibility you could do the program at your local FE college? Your program would cover unit's in Health Science, Human Biology, with probably a choice between Health Studies and Psychology. The best providers have a mixture of assessment methods to cater for various learning styles (most online providers do not do this and it is often essay/task based).

If you have done Level 3 study before (like a levels) you can apply for an advanced learner loan which is completely written off when you complete your degree years down the line

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Reply 4
Original post by Arden University
@Julia41
I've taught on an access to HE program for 10 years so can give you some extra advice.

There are some great online providers out there, however, I have taught in a college for 10 years on-site and can say that some Access to HE programs online have a very high drop out rate. It is for the reasons that the previous poster has stated usually.

Is there a possibility you could do the program at your local FE college? Your program would cover unit's in Health Science, Human Biology, with probably a choice between Health Studies and Psychology. The best providers have a mixture of assessment methods to cater for various learning styles (most online providers do not do this and it is often essay/task based).

If you have done Level 3 study before (like a levels) you can apply for an advanced learner loan which is completely written off when you complete your degree years down the line

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Thank you so much for great informations😀
I am from Poland and I have Polish A levels which I did 20 y ago.I also have degree in Pedagogy.I want to study nursing.I have applied for uni 2 y ago(clearing)and they offered me interview but I didn't go because of my English.I think I need to improve my writing skills(academic level)I am working full time and I can't go to college because they have courses full time .That's why I am looking online provider

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending