The Student Room Group

Can’t do things I did with my ex with anyone else

I cannot do things I did with my ex with my friends (drinking and stuff) I just feel like I only trust my ex to help me if things go wrong. I love my friends and trust them but I just can’t do certain activities that I only did with him at some point (like drinking for fun) and he helped me when I had too much. I am just scared I wir get the same support as he gave me of things go wrong. But I want to continue having fun in life (I’m just 19). I know that I can always call my ex (we are on very good terms) and he will be able to talk me through and stuff if stuff go wrong for me but I just feel like I should be able to do these stuff without him but can’t yet. It’s been like almost a year since breaking up.
So you’re going to live the rest of your life relying on your ex partner - get a grip please. If you can’t trust yourself or your friends, don’t drink. Simple as - looks like your making excuses to still keep in contact with your ex
You don't need him. Practice moderation instead. Set a limit and actively count your drinks. Stop before you get to the point of having had too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending