The Student Room Group

When do you pay advance rent in August for university accomodation?

Specifically when do the landlords expect "advance rent" or "full payments for the year upfront" that's "due in August"? Like is it before or after results day as I won't have the money if it's before for both of my uni options (as it is i'm gonna have to work 60 hour weeks over the summer just to afford one as my savings aren't enough). Cheers :smile:
Original post by Downtheswanney
Specifically when do the landlords expect "advance rent" or "full payments for the year upfront" that's "due in August"? Like is it before or after results day as I won't have the money if it's before for both of my uni options (as it is i'm gonna have to work 60 hour weeks over the summer just to afford one as my savings aren't enough). Cheers :smile:

Are you asking about uni halls or private lettings? From my experience, uni halls and private student lets require a deposit to confirm the booking and then three installments paid at the start of each term. The first two installments have been more than the final installment.
Original post by normaw
Are you asking about uni halls or private lettings? From my experience, uni halls and private student lets require a deposit to confirm the booking and then three installments paid at the start of each term. The first two installments have been more than the final installment.

Both but those saying 'no deposits' and ask for advance rent payments. I've heard it's after results day and tbf all the good accom's gone I'm not bothering any more with it, sorry x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending