The Student Room Group

Contingency Day

Do you need to be available for contingency day if you have already finished all of your exams?

My final exam date is on the 16th of June, so if none of my exams get postponed and I finish them as normal, do I need to be available for contingency day? Or will I have to stay incase I need to resit due to some unforeseen circumstances not under the student's control, such as papers getting lost.
Original post by andrzejlks
Do you need to be available for contingency day if you have already finished all of your exams?

My final exam date is on the 16th of June, so if none of my exams get postponed and I finish them as normal, do I need to be available for contingency day? Or will I have to stay incase I need to resit due to some unforeseen circumstances not under the student's control, such as papers getting lost.

You have to available on that day, if things were to go wrong (on a local or national scale where are large number of students were unable to sit the exam), but if you have sat all of your exams, you should be ok - you will not be able to resit the exam if the paper gets lost. It should not get lost though, because there are a lot of measures put in place to prevent them getting damaged or lost.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
You have to available on that day, if things were to go wrong (on a local or national scale where are large Sonumber of students were unable to sit the exam), but if you have sat all of your exams, you should be ok - you will not be able to resit the exam if the paper gets lost. It should not get lost though, because there are a lot of measures put in place to prevent them getting damaged or lost.

So once I have sat all of my exams, I could just book my flights on the day after I sit my last one? What could happen that would cause me to have to be available for the contingency after I have sat all my exams?
Technically you're supposed to be available. I must admit we took a family holiday last year that ran over contingency day and nothing happened. I'm not saying it's advisable to risk it, but in reality it's rare that contingency day is used. Ultimately it's up to you whether or not you want to take that chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending