The Student Room Group

aqa history 2023 predictions

heyy if you've seen some of my comments on forums then you'll know that history is my absolute WORST subject but im trying so hard to improve my grades

do anyone have any predictions on the questions / topics for america 1920-1973, the interwar years, health and the people, or elizbethen england?

for elizabethen my teacher has said he definitely knows that sheffield manor lodge (i barely know what that is) will be on it but idk how??

the most annoying thing about history is that there's soo much content and dates and people to memorize but only a tiny portion comes up on the exam. i also hate how they do two topics in the same exam why can't they just do 4 separate exams that would be so much easier 😭😭
Original post by heartfhuls
heyy if you've seen some of my comments on forums then you'll know that history is my absolute WORST subject but im trying so hard to improve my grades

do anyone have any predictions on the questions / topics for america 1920-1973, the interwar years, health and the people, or elizbethen england?

for elizabethen my teacher has said he definitely knows that sheffield manor lodge (i barely know what that is) will be on it but idk how??

the most annoying thing about history is that there's soo much content and dates and people to memorize but only a tiny portion comes up on the exam. i also hate how they do two topics in the same exam why can't they just do 4 separate exams that would be so much easier 😭😭

First of all on the final comment - this is due to several factors including consistency with other qualifications and simply the amount of space in an exam timetable.

Some teachers make predictions based on what is emphasised by exam boards in their course textbooks, and eliminates other elements from previous past papers.

On memorising content, just like you might memorise some quotations for English texts - try to memorise details that you could apply to multiple different questions. Is there something in particular you are struggling with when it comes to revision? Give me an example and I can try to help. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
First of all on the final comment - this is due to several factors including consistency with other qualifications and simply the amount of space in an exam timetable.

Some teachers make predictions based on what is emphasised by exam boards in their course textbooks, and eliminates other elements from previous past papers.

On memorising content, just like you might memorise some quotations for English texts - try to memorise details that you could apply to multiple different questions. Is there something in particular you are struggling with when it comes to revision? Give me an example and I can try to help. :smile:

just found out that there is like an exam pre-release or something so for elizabethen the last question WILL be sheffield manor lodge but honestly the main thing that i struggle with is remembering names and dates because there is sooo many for each topic. especially for medicine - like i can recognise the names of people but i struggle to remember why they are significant. on my medicine mock there was a question about louis paster and i literally cried over it because his name was so familiar but i just panic in exams and can't think straight so i end up forgetting
just found out that there is like an exam pre-release or something so for elizabethen the last question WILL be sheffield manor lodge but honestly the main thing that i struggle with is remembering names and dates because there is sooo many for each topic. especially for medicine - like i can recognise the names of people but i struggle to remember why they are significant. on my medicine mock there was a question about louis paster and i literally cried over it because his name was so familiar but i just panic in exams and can't think straight so i end up forgetting

Oh bless you!

Imagine a bottle of milk being passed backwards and forwards across someone's face.
It's milk past-your-eyes :wink:
the main thing that i struggle with is remembering names and dates because there is sooo many for each topic. especially for medicine

Right, on this:
My advice would be you want a list of around 10-15 people for Medicine, each with one year for their main discoveries. You can find the AQA list of people here: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/history/gcse/history-8145/subject-content/shaping-the-nation#AA_Britain_Health_and_the_people_c1000_to_the_present_day

Hippocratic and Galen
Vesalius, Paré, William Harvey
John Hunter, Edward Jenner,
Robert Koch, Pasteur, Paul Ehrlich
Simpson, Lister,
Fleming, Booth, Rowntree
That's 15 figures, with one key date (just the year will do) for each one.

Make a table, with the list of names, the year of their discovery/development. And a 2-3 sentence summary of what they did.

Get a family member to test you twice a week. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending