The Student Room Group

ASAP!! Will internal exclusion affect six form and job applications?

Basically I am year 10 and have never gotten into trouble before except 1 or 2 detentions.Recently I was out in isolation(internal exclusion) for 3 days because I logged into a teachers google account. I did not do anything that bad I pretty much just took a look around and left it alone. Also, the teacher just put his password on the screen so the whole class could see, so it’s not like I looked for it. My grades are 5-6 and some 9s as well for now. The teacher said this was very bad as I could have have gotten excluded and if I did this at a workplace I would face criminal charges. I am just really worried if this will affect my report that badly. If anyone could tell me anything, would be very helpful.
Original post by Lint_76
Basically I am year 10 and have never gotten into trouble before except 1 or 2 detentions.Recently I was out in isolation(internal exclusion) for 3 days because I logged into a teachers google account. I did not do anything that bad I pretty much just took a look around and left it alone. Also, the teacher just put his password on the screen so the whole class could see, so it’s not like I looked for it. My grades are 5-6 and some 9s as well for now. The teacher said this was very bad as I could have have gotten excluded and if I did this at a workplace I would face criminal charges. I am just really worried if this will affect my report that badly. If anyone could tell me anything, would be very helpful.

I doubt this will affect you. Schools try to present their pupils in their best light as they want to show good prospects. Making a bad reference for you is therefore extremely unilkely,

As far as your teacher claiming it was a criminal offence where I worked it was a sackable offence for failing to properly use your computer and leaving your password open for all to see is certainly computer misuse. In fact, a colleague got sacked just for entering his computer and obtaining his sons National Insurance number for his university application. Your teacher needs to learn people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones and accept that his behaviour was totally unacceptable,
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
I doubt this will affect you. Schools try to present their pupils in their best light as they want to show good prospects. Making a bad reference for you is therefore extremely unilkely,

As far as your teacher claiming it was a criminal offence where I worked it was a sackable offence for failing to properly use your computer and leaving your password open for all to see is certainly computer misuse. In fact, a colleague got sacked just for entering his computer and obtaining his sons National Insurance number for his university application. Your teacher needs to learn people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones and accept that his behaviour was totally unacceptable,

thank you so much for your help, just wanted to ask you what you meant by the last bit “Your teacher needs to learn people in glass houses should not throw stones and accept that his behaviour was totally unacceptable,”?
Original post by Lint_76
thank you so much for your help, just wanted to ask you what you meant by the last bit “Your teacher needs to learn people in glass houses should not throw stones and accept that his behaviour was totally unacceptable,”?

People shouldnt make accusations about others when they are at fault themselves also. Your teacher should have been disciplined for what is computer misuse not trying to pass the blame solely onto you. However wrong your actions were so were his and he should accept part of the blame not just blaming you.
Reply 4
Once again thank you so much for your help, but the teacher who spoke to me was my head of year not the person who showed the password. The teacher who leaked their password on the computer said it was fine and I was just being stupid, but we all mistakes he said.
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
People shouldnt make accusations about others when they are at fault themselves also. Your teacher should have been disciplined for what is computer misuse not trying to pass the blame solely onto you. However wrong your actions were so were his and he should accept part of the blame not just blaming you.

Thanks so much for your help once again. But I forgot to mention that my head of year told me that. The teachers account who I logged into said it was fine what I did and I was a bit stupid.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Lint_76
Thanks so much for your help once again. But I forgot to mention that my head of year told me that. The teachers account who I logged into said it was fine what I did and I was a bit stupid.

It's not fine for you to be accessing someone else's account. It's correct to say that what you did was a criminal offence.

The teacher whose account you logged into probably meant that he/she wasn't going to take action and wasn't going to hold it against you.

It was wrong of your teacher to put his/her password on the screen -- but that didn't make it at acceptable for you to log in using it.
Reply 7
I know that it is not fine it was a big mistake and I take all the blame, it’s just they both had different reactions that’s what I was trying to say.
Original post by martin7
It's not fine for you to be accessing someone else's account. It's correct to say that what you did was a criminal offence.

The teacher whose account you logged into probably meant that he/she wasn't going to take action and wasn't going to hold it against you.

It was wrong of your teacher to put his/her password on the screen -- but that didn't make it at acceptable for you to log in using it.
Jobs aren't going to look at your school reports.

Just don't do it again, because if you log into a colleague/boss's account at work you would probably get fired.
Reply 9
Original post by Desideri
Jobs aren't going to look at your school reports.

Just don't do it again, because if you log into a colleague/boss's account at work you would probably get fired.

Do you know anything about six forms or university’s? Thanks for your help also

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending