The Student Room Group

Discipline

I think it’s called internal exclusion where you isolated in a room with few other students for a day. Unfortunately I received the punishment by talking to a member of staff in a rude fashion in year 9. I’ve got good grade and I’ve become better and more respectful to people more, I even talked my head of year that will this one isolation affects my application to sixth from or uni? But he said everyone makes mistake and he wouldn’t even mention it in my reference. But I’m still really worried that the admission will see my school discipline record and judge me, will I’ll be ok?
Reply 1
yeah i think u will be fine because i dont think this small issue in year 9 will affect your uni application but tbh im not sure
It's one discipline in year 9. By the time you're applying to sixth forms, 2 years has passed and for uni, 4 years have passed. Unless you had multiple disciplinary misdemeanors, I don't think most will really bat an eye at it as it doesn't seem to be a persistant issue in who you are as a person. The only reason I can see that it would be brought up would be if an admissions team were deciding between you and an equal candidate, but for it to be much of an issue then you and this other candidate would have to be near identical for it to matter too much.
Reply 3
Original post by ScoutLeopard
It's one discipline in year 9. By the time you're applying to sixth forms, 2 years has passed and for uni, 4 years have passed. Unless you had multiple disciplinary misdemeanors, I don't think most will really bat an eye at it as it doesn't seem to be a persistant issue in who you are as a person. The only reason I can see that it would be brought up would be if an admissions team were deciding between you and an equal candidate, but for it to be much of an issue then you and this other candidate would have to be near identical for it to matter too much.

So do you think it will not cause much of trouble?
Original post by Mining29
So do you think it will not cause much of trouble?

as long as you don't make a habit out of it, no I don't think it will.
Reply 5
Original post by ScoutLeopard
as long as you don't make a habit out of it, no I don't think it will.

oh ok. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending