The Student Room Group

A levels at 19?

Is it possible to do A levels in 1 year? Since I’m 19, I’ll be 20 when I leave college and I don’t want that to happen.
yes very possible lol u can cover AS in 2 months if ur proper w it
Original post by MrGman
Is it possible to do A levels in 1 year? Since I’m 19, I’ll be 20 when I leave college and I don’t want that to happen.

I did AS and A2 when I was 19 and left just before I was 20. If you're asking whether you can do AS and A2 in one year I don't think you can.
Original post by MrGman

Yes but it'll be quite tough.

Which A-levels?
Reply 4
Original post by justlearning1469
Yes but it'll be quite tough.

Which A-levels?

Criminology, psychology, sociology
Reply 5
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
I did AS and A2 when I was 19 and left just before I was 20. If you're asking whether you can do AS and A2 in one year I don't think you can.

Just wondering how did you leave before you turned 20, if it’s 2 years?
Original post by MrGman

Psychology: PMT, maybe Hodder Education aiming for A in psychology (they should have it, and revision guides for the other subjects(

Good luck!
Possible but very difficult. You’ll have to be super disciplined and try do what most people do in two years in one. Will require hard work and dedication and sacrifices will probably have to be made (less fun, more studying). Good luck to you!
Original post by MrGman

If you are taking A levels with the intention of applying to university, please be aware that WJEC Applied Diploma in Criminology is not accepted as an A level by some universities. An alternative to A levels is an Access to Higher Education Diploma. It's a one-year course that prepares you for study at university in place of A levels. There are fees involved but loans are available. More info on this site:

https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/home

https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/about-access/about-the-diploma/fees-funding

Quick Reply

Latest