The Student Room Group

I think I’ve swallowed a bone or am I just overthinking!?…

So basically on Saturday afternoon I was enjoying rice with chicken with my family. I’m not a big fan of chicken with bones in so just had the rice parts of it. I’m very conscious too when I eat my food so I chewed every bit as I focus on my chewing a lot due to the past when I accidentally swallowed food whole and choked. A few hours later the same day my throat felt a bit weird but I reassured myself it was just me and it’s not to worry about considering I overthink A LOT…
And then on Sunday evening after carrying on with my Saturday like normal my like kidneys or liver like pelvic area started to hurt like something sharp or whatever was poking it. It’s been feeling like that for a while since if I sit in a certain position and now I’m worrying like what if I did swallow a bone even though everything I ate was boneless. I didn’t have the chicken in the rice. I’m now contemplating but surely if it was a bone I would have totally realised that on the day it originally happened? 😢
(edited 1 year ago)
you're probably overthinking it, and even if you did swallow a bone your digestive system is perfectly abled to handle it.
Reply 2
Original post by Obsidian♡Hart
you're probably overthinking it, and even if you did swallow a bone your digestive system is perfectly abled to handle it.

Hey thanks for the reassurance!! I just woke up and I can no longer really feel that same feeling
anymore! Maybe I was just stressing over the unnecessary!!
Original post by random_acc
Hey thanks for the reassurance!! I just woke up and I can no longer really feel that same feeling
anymore! Maybe I was just stressing over the unnecessary!!

No probs, good for you!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest