The Student Room Group

revision tips?

so next year,i'll be doing GCSEs. i want to try and get my revision technique and motivation all sorted. i'm rlly unproductive, and i have no motivation. i made a revision timetable, but i can't fill it in because the teachers haven't told us which exams we are going to be sitting on which days. i'm already behind, and i'm get really stressed when i get behind. can someone help me to get more motivated, i'm already stressing.
Do you know the exam boards you are using? If you do, you can look up the timetable.
Original post by jesuisstupide
so next year,i'll be doing GCSEs. i want to try and get my revision technique and motivation all sorted. i'm rlly unproductive, and i have no motivation. i made a revision timetable, but i can't fill it in because the teachers haven't told us which exams we are going to be sitting on which days. i'm already behind, and i'm get really stressed when i get behind. can someone help me to get more motivated, i'm already stressing.

Maybe create a revision timetable for the next week to two weeks that you can follow, and then you can fill in more of your exam timetable when you find out when the exams are.
thank you so much, actually lowkey helpful
Hey there! I'm glad you're thinking ahead about your GCSEs. It's important to start planning and revising early, so you can be as prepared as possible.

I know it can be tough to stay motivated, especially when you're feeling behind. But it's important to remember that you're not alone. Everyone feels stressed and unmotivated sometimes. The key is to find ways to manage your stress and stay on track.

Here are a few tips that might help you:

Set realistic goals. Don't try to cram everything into one day. Instead, set small, achievable goals for yourself each day or week. This will help you feel like you're making progress and it will be less overwhelming.
Find a study buddy. Studying with a friend or classmate can help you stay motivated and on track. You can quiz each other, discuss the material, and help each other stay focused.
Take breaks. Don't try to study for hours on end without taking a break. Get up and move around every 20-30 minutes. This will help you stay focused and avoid burnout.
Reward yourself. When you reach a goal, reward yourself with something you enjoy. This will help you stay motivated and on track.
It's also important to remember to take care of yourself. Make sure you're getting enough sleep, eating healthy foods, and exercising regularly. These things will help you stay healthy and focused.

I know it's not easy, but I believe in you! You can do this. Just remember to stay positive, stay motivated, and take care of yourself.
Original post by jesuisstupide

firstly, i relate to ur username. secondly, im writing my gcses this year and lemme tell you what u could actually do.

now for motivation, there are 2 things u could do. 1) think abt why u want good grades? think of getting into ur dream university
2)this is the less healthier option but u could really just think of whats at stake. fear is a big drive for me. not getting good grades for gcses means ur foundation for a levels whihc means u wont get a good score to get into the college u want to

now idrk how ur doing in school rn but honestly it doesnt matter. u have enough of time to ace these papers. be apart of one of those miracle stories where u cram and do really well. good luck and text me if u want any tips

when studying, u could:
1)use the pomodoro technique- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byZotMw2zb0&t=4510s i usually use this vid wear ur basically study for 25 mins and having a 5 min break this can help u not experience burnout
2)make a list of ur subject from what u find the hardest to what u find easy and prioritize the hard ones
3)for gcses its crucial that ur basic understanding is clear. using physics and math tutor to do flashcards and practice topic qs
4) ofc do past papers

Quick Reply

Latest