The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Does Nottingham accept people who have missed their offer?

I’m an international student who got an offer for Politics & Economics and I’m scared that I might miss my offer by a bit. I’m in the American curriculum so most of you wouldn’t understand this but I need to get a 5 in AP Calc BC for my offer and I think I might get a 3 or 4 or maybe 5 if I’m lucky so I’m worried that Nottingham might not be lenient at all. Does anyone have experience with getting into Politics & Economics with grades lower than the offer?
HI,
I am sorry to hear that you have missed an offer from your ideal university, however I highly recommend you to contact the university for details.

I hope you're doing ok right now and I understand that competitive unis can sometimes be harsh when it comes to offers.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by capricornbambi
HI,
I am sorry to hear that you have missed an offer from your ideal university, however I highly recommend you to contact the university for details.

I hope you're doing ok right now and I understand that competitive unis can sometimes be harsh when it comes to offers.

I haven’t even taken the exam yet so no missed offer YET but your post was sweet
Original post by yesiahh
I’m an international student who got an offer for Politics & Economics and I’m scared that I might miss my offer by a bit. I’m in the American curriculum so most of you wouldn’t understand this but I need to get a 5 in AP Calc BC for my offer and I think I might get a 3 or 4 or maybe 5 if I’m lucky so I’m worried that Nottingham might not be lenient at all. Does anyone have experience with getting into Politics & Economics with grades lower than the offer?

Nobody can tell you for certain. It is down to numbers who reached their offers and whether there are still places available. Universities wont know this until A level results day in August. Whilst 1 grade down might end up acceptable I doubt 2 grades will.
Original post by yesiahh
I haven’t even taken the exam yet so no missed offer YET but your post was sweet

Aww & best of luck
Reply 5
Original post by yesiahh

See the 'Preparing for results day' section on the university's international applicants page: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugapplicants/international-applicants/international-applicants.aspx#results

As with most universities, Nottingham looks at 'near misses' after results come through. If there are spaces still on the course after results day, you may still be accepted, but there is no guarantee. As another commenter said, if you missed by two grades, it is far less likely that you would be accepted. It also can vary a lot from year to year, with different numbers of offer-holders meeting or not meeting their offer grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending