The Student Room Group

Civil Service DWP - can I pass probation early?

I’m currently in probation at DWP, I’m due to finish probation 15th May and my manager has said that there are no concerns.

I wanted to apply for a internal vacancy that closes on 11th May but you need to have passed probation.

Is it possible to end probation 4 days early?? This would be ideal but I don’t want to ask my manager about it if its not at all possible.

Appreciate any advice, thank you!
When you say "passed probation" do you mean your manager has completed the forms "confirming you" as a CS?

Passing probation isn't automatic - even if your manager has "no concerns", so you can't really say you've passed.

If you want to apply and fudge it a bit, you need to talk to your manager - are their details in on CS jobs? If they are they'll be notified and asked to confirm you're eligible to apply for the post when you hit submit.
Reply 2
Original post by Matilda_Moo
When you say "passed probation" do you mean your manager has completed the forms "confirming you" as a CS?

Passing probation isn't automatic - even if your manager has "no concerns", so you can't really say you've passed.

If you want to apply and fudge it a bit, you need to talk to your manager - are their details in on CS jobs? If they are they'll be notified and asked to confirm you're eligible to apply for the post when you hit submit.

Yes thats what i mean, I have briefly mentioned applying for the role to my manager however I realised that I’m not officially signed off on probation

Problem is, my manager is now off on annual leave, until after the deadline for the application! And my cover is just a TDA AO so cant really authorise anything for me….such a shame I was really hoping to take advantage of this opportunity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending