The Student Room Group

Corporate Banking santander apprenticeship 2023

N/A
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Nnzjrjrj
Has anyone received an offer for the santander corporate banking apprenticeship 2023 ?

Yeah I got a call on Wednesday. Do you have LinkedIn and I’ll connect on there if you want.
Reply 2
Yh I decided to decline my offer as It isn't really a great apprenticeship because they make you relocate/commute to different parts of the UK with barely any compensation which is actually very hard and the training they give along the university is not quite good and like I know this and other things because of a person who is stuck in that programme. Also he told me that career after the programme is quite slow and hard to go up the ladder more than you could even imagine. Also they say they help but they really don't he said that the mentoring is near to non-existent and they don't even help with relocation fees for the programme as this is multiple locations for this programme. And the university is not as good you have to do so much learning by yourself more than you should be.

I've gotten this information from the people working there currently in that apprenticeship and post apprenticeship. Also my aunty who works in a different area of the business investigated for me and she said the same thing
She even said that the manager's and trainers in those areas are quite ignorant and expect you to do everything yourself and they don't help nor are they helpful or as kind as people think.

If you would like his LinkedIn for more advice go ahead I can give it if you want. Also if you want proof or anything let me know I can give you their number or LinkedIn.

I'm not trying to scare you but if I was you I would think about it carefully and i think you should also decline but its your choice I'm just giving you actual facts I found out. You can go for it but I believe you will really regret it. If you have accepted you can still change your mind before you can't.

I had my ac day on the 19th and got a offer two weeks later and during that time I found this information out and decided to decline.

Much of what you say including relocating is a basic requirement for a job. Why even apply if you're not capable of commuting or willing to relocate.
Either way, much success on your future Job search, Hope you find something that suits you!
Reply 3
For your information I had no problem relocating or commuting but i found out a lot of negative things which were factual with proof and not only that the teaching and support is really bad. If the teaching and mentoring and quality of the programme was good enough I would have no problem and I confirmed so many facts that people aren't even aware and my aunty who works in a different area of Santander investigated and she told me and other people that are currently in the programme of how bad it is than it is portrayed.

I found out these things after my ac day so before you insinuate things think first

I made this decision and found out this information based on actual factual evidence.

If you believe I'm magically making this up for some agenda I can give you the current apprentice contact details who is in that programme who is regretting it so much. Also other apprentices in Santander who said the same or similar negative things.

You found out about the location after your ac day? You blindly apply to Jobs, I believe that says enough.
You're using the words you hear from your auntie who seems to be batman and another individual to make generalised statements about a programme. I am in contact with current apprentices. They have mentioned the occasional lack of communication and support from the uni\provider. They acknowledge there's improvements to be made, however also highlight the benefits they get from doing the apprenticeship. If working your way up the ladder within the company after the apprenticeship is hard then leave and grow elsewhere. You have already gained the qualification you came to get?
Much of your complaints seem to be tailored to you as an individual. If relocation was never an issue to you then why use it in your first comment as a disadvantage.
Please think...before you respond.
Once again, the programme is clearly not for you and much luck for any of your future Job searches!
Original post by Manny3
You found out about the location after your ac day? You blindly apply to Jobs, I believe that says enough.
You're using the words you hear from your auntie who seems to be batman and another individual to make generalised statements about a programme. I am in contact with current apprentices. They have mentioned the occasional lack of communication and support from the uni\provider. They acknowledge there's improvements to be made, however also highlight the benefits they get from doing the apprenticeship. If working your way up the ladder within the company after the apprenticeship is hard then leave and grow elsewhere. You have already gained the qualification you came to get?
Much of your complaints seem to be tailored to you as an individual. If relocation was never an issue to you then why use it in your first comment as a disadvantage.
Please think...before you respond.
Once again, the programme is clearly not for you and much luck for any of your future Job searches!

I completely agree. Every apprenticeship has its strengths and weaknesses and this is no different.

Did you get a place Manny? If so, do you have LinkedIn and I’ll be more than happy to connect on there.
Reply 5
Original post by OliYoung2005
I completely agree. Every apprenticeship has its strengths and weaknesses and this is no different.

Did you get a place Manny? If so, do you have LinkedIn and I’ll be more than happy to connect on there.

Hi I just got offered a place today for the corporate banking apprenticeship, is anyone going to the pre event on the 24th. Also would anyone like to connect on LinkedIn or WhatsApp.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending