The Student Room Group

Engineering Management or Project Management?

I have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and right now I have an acceptance letter from Liverpool John Moores University for MSc Project Management program and Aston University for MSc Engineering Management program. With this information in mind, please guide me with which one I can find a job in the automotive industry more easily.

Is this even possible for a person with Civil Engineering background to look for a management position in automotive industry?
Original post by Mo.Naj
I have a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and right now I have an acceptance letter from Liverpool John Moores University for MSc Project Management program and Aston University for MSc Engineering Management program. With this information in mind, please guide me with which one I can find a job in the automotive industry more easily.

Is this even possible for a person with Civil Engineering background to look for a management position in automotive industry?

This is the third time you've asked the same question over the last 10 hours (which is against the TSR Community Guidelines, by the way).

I suspect the reason you've received no replies (and the reason I didn't reply to your first post) was due to people's incredulity.

If your hope is to secure a role in the automotive industry (and you have a Civil Engineering degree) then why are you not looking at a Master's degree in Automotive Engineering? You will be competing for jobs with Automotive Engineering graduates, and specifically (for a management position) with those who also have several years of experience.

Why would an employer hire someone with a Civil Engineering undergraduate degree into a management position withinin the automotive industry unless they either have experience or a qualification relevant to automotive engineering?

(Having just re-read the above, it comes across at a hit harsh. That is not my intention. I just don't understand your thinking. It would be like taking a Dentistry degree and then hoping to secure a job managing a veterinary practice by taking an MBA, never having worked as a dentist or a vet. It just makes no sense to me.)
Original post by Mo.Naj

On the face of it, the straight PM might be better. But look carefully at the modules and see which ones can be best pitched to the automotive industry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending