The Student Room Group

I messed up yesterday. When would be the right to even ask her out?

There is this girl with whom I chat on Instagram who is single but has male friends especially a male bestie so I was worried before. She is 19 turning 20 in August and I am 22 now and we had been chatting for pretty much a month already. We were in the same school and now in different colleges. I was honestly planning to ask this girl out for a coffee within like maybe 2 or 3 days. But I messed up. Yesterday as usually I sent her a virtual internet hug so which she just replied thnx. Then I literally replied this to her "Haha welcome cutie. Btw I am really tired so I might fall asleep on your shoulder while hugging you." So she replied "huh". I said her sorry but she just left it on seen. It looks like she got really angry because she used to reply its ok chill before when I used to say her sorry for anything but this time she didn't. Idk but does this mean I have no chance to meet her? Anyways its been pretty much a month and till now she didn't really go aww or felt flattered when I said anything sweet unlike my childhood friend who said aww when I sent her virtual hugs but my childhood friend who is 21 turning 22 after 4-5 months isn't even coming online on Instagram so I only have this girl to ask out.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
There is this girl with whom I chat on Instagram who is single but has male friends especially a male bestie so I was worried before. She is 19 turning 20 in August and I am 22 now and we had been chatting for pretty much a month already. We were in the same school and now in different colleges. I was honestly planning to ask this girl out for a coffee within like maybe 2 or 3 days. But I messed up. Yesterday as usually I sent her a virtual internet hug so which she just replied thnx. Then I literally replied this to her "Haha welcome cutie. Btw I am really tired so I might fall asleep on your shoulder while hugging you." So she replied "huh". I said her sorry but she just left it on seen. It looks like she got really angry because she used to reply its ok chill before when I used to say her sorry for anything but this time she didn't. Idk but does this mean I have no chance to meet her? Anyways its been pretty much a month and till now she didn't really go aww or felt flattered when I said anything sweet unlike my childhood friend who said aww when I sent her virtual hugs but my childhood friend who is 21 turning 22 after 4-5 months isn't even coming online on Instagram so I only have this girl to ask out.

Sincerely, it doesn't sound very positive from her. It doesn't sound like she's really into you. I mean you can shoot your shot, just a message out of the blue. Probably just best to be direct now
Reply 2

I'd give up she don't want you
Reply 3

Bro you really can't just be saying stuff like "Haha welcome cutie. Btw I am really tired so I might fall asleep on your shoulder while hugging you" before you even ask someone out. And sending virtual hugs is not really doing you any favours either. Most girls will find this behaviour weird and its not going you any dates. Just have normal conversations with people you like, just like you have with friends but with some light flirting, and then be direct and ask them out.

"who is single but has male friends especially a male bestie so I was worried before" why are worried about that? Most of my friends are of the opposite sex it doesn't mean anything.
Then I literally replied this to her "Haha welcome cutie. Btw I am really tired so I might fall asleep on your shoulder while hugging you." So she replied "huh"

One thing, this is explicitly seen as absolutely cringeworthy patter, like I have seen dozens of slideshows just of people getting this reaction. If for whatever reason someone isn't willing to reciprocate intimacy, even an online *hug* then trying to double down and pry a reaction from them will often backfire immediately. I'd only do that with with people I knew well when there was no personal stakes
really, like I'm just trying to cheer them up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending