The Student Room Group

UCAS Pending Grades Application - how does it work?

I am aplying though UCAS but as i have not finsihed IB (international Baccalaureate) yet i put "pending" when it asked me for my qualifications.
I also know that since i am applying for Graphic Design, i have to sumbit a portafolio, but there is no where to attach a file. Will UCAS ask me for my portafolio after i send in the application? If so how does it work? If i have no grades yet, what do universities have to consider for me to get accepted or even considered. In the UCAS application there is also nowhere for me to add in any predicted grades. What do i do?
Original post by trying-no-so
I am aplying though UCAS but as i have not finsihed IB (international Baccalaureate) yet i put "pending" when it asked me for my qualifications.
I also know that since i am applying for Graphic Design, i have to sumbit a portafolio, but there is no where to attach a file. Will UCAS ask me for my portafolio after i send in the application? If so how does it work? If i have no grades yet, what do universities have to consider for me to get accepted or even considered. In the UCAS application there is also nowhere for me to add in any predicted grades. What do i do?

Your nominated referee will be prompted to give predictions for anything you declared as pending. You don’t have to do anything for these.

Unis that need a portfolio will contact you directly with instructions. Keep an eye on your emails including any spam/junk folders.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Your nominated referee will be prompted to give predictions for anything you declared as pending. You don’t have to do anything for these.

Unis that need a portfolio will contact you directly with instructions. Keep an eye on your emails including any spam/junk folders.

thank you, but the thing is that my referee is a teacher from a specific subject, will she need to add predicted grades for all the other subjects that are not hers? Or will i need a teacher from each subject to input their predicted grades?
thank you, but the thing is that my referee is a teacher from a specific subject, will she need to add predicted grades for all the other subjects that are not hers? Or will i need a teacher from each subject to input their predicted grades?

Only your referee will be able to add predictions, so it’s typical that they would liaise with your other subject teachers to add the other grades.
Reply 4
but she didnt, she just added the predicted grades for her subject and sent it. What do i do? can i call UCAS? could UCAS withdraw or delete the reference that was sent?
but she didnt, she just added the predicted grades for her subject and sent it. What do i do? can i call UCAS? could UCAS withdraw or delete the reference that was sent?

I don’t think UCAS will delete the reference and grades but it’s worth a call as that would be easiest. Try them tomorrow.
Reply 6
and if UCAS cant deleate the reference and grades what do i do? am i completly screwed then?
and if UCAS cant deleate the reference and grades what do i do? am i completly screwed then?

No, you could just ask your teachers to submit predictions directly to your uni choices via email. I’d only do this as a last resort though. Speak to UCAS first.
Reply 8
i will, thank you so much for the help,
i will, thank you so much for the help,

No problem. Just reply back here if UCAS are unclear about what to do next.
Reply 10
Original post by Admit-One
No problem. Just reply back here if UCAS are unclear about what to do next.

i called and they reset the entire reference section without any issues, thank you so much for the help, :smile:
i called and they reset the entire reference section without any issues, thank you so much for the help, :smile:

Brilliant! That's definitely best case scenario and I was worried they couldn't/wouldn't do it.

Your referee just needs to collate predictions from your subject teachers now.

NB. Depending on how UCAS have reset that bit, your application may have gone back to being unsubmitted now. That means your referee will need to do their thing before Jan 31st to give you equal consideration with other pre-deadline applicants. make sure they know there is a deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending