The Student Room Group

Application status changed from "complete" to "sent"?

Hello.

The deadline for universities to reply to applicants is fast approaching, and because I'm still waiting to hear back from one more university, I decided to check my application to make sure that I was indeed still waiting to hear back from them and that it wasn't the case where I had simply missed/overlooked their reply. However, when I logged into the UCAS website, I found that the status of my application has been changed so that it has been sent and is now awaiting to be processed by UCAS.

There is obviously something wrong here as I had my application sent away last December and have since received responses from four universities. So for my application to now suddenly and apparently have the "sent" status is very worrying. I will note that I checked my application yesterday and there was maintenance happening on the website, so I'm not sure if that has perhaps temporarily affected my application? Also, I haven't received any emails regarding changes to my application since receiving my latest university reply.

I would contact UCAS regarding this matter, but it's currently the weekend as of writing this, so their helpline isn't available. I'm wondering if there's anyone else that's in the same boat as me?

Any help would be massively appreciated.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by callumlo
Hello.

The deadline for universities to reply to applicants is fast approaching, and because I'm still waiting to hear back from one more university, I decided to check my application to make sure that I was indeed still waiting to hear back from them and that it wasn't the case where I had simply missed/overlooked their reply. However, when I logged into the UCAS website, I found that the status of my application has been changed so that it has been sent and is now awaiting to be processed by UCAS.

There is obviously something wrong here as I had my application sent away last December and have since received responses from four universities. So for my application to now suddenly and apparently have the "sent" status is very worrying. I will note that I checked my application yesterday and there was maintenance happening on the website, so I'm not sure if that has perhaps temporarily affected my application? Also, I haven't received any emails regarding changes to my application since receiving my latest university reply.

I would contact UCAS regarding this matter, but it's currently the weekend as of writing this, so their helpline isn't available. I'm wondering if there's anyone else that's in the same boat as me?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

There are several others on various 2023 application threads who are seeing the same behaviour on UCAS Hub. Some have even seen update to some of their choices being changed to "this course is for international applicants only"

It sounds like a genera problem related to the UCAS maintenance work - their IT department do seem quite amateur tbh, especially given the number of maintenance weekends they need to take.
Reply 2
UCAS is down for maintenance this weekend - ignore all random/weird messages.
Reply 3
Original post by dunnott
There are several others on various 2023 application threads who are seeing the same behaviour on UCAS Hub. Some have even seen update to some of their choices being changed to "this course is for international applicants only"

It sounds like a genera problem related to the UCAS maintenance work - their IT department do seem quite amateur tbh, especially given the number of maintenance weekends they need to take.

Thank you for the response! I had a hunch that it may have had something to do with yesterday's maintenance, so that's given me some reassurance.

I'm experiencing a similar thing to the "international applicants only" change you mention others have seen in that one of my choices is apparently invalid due to something regarding the start date.

Anyway, thanks again!
Reply 4
UCAS is down for maintenance this weekend - ignore all random/weird messages on your portal!
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
UCAS is down for maintenance this weekend - ignore all random/weird messages on your portal!

UCAS IT really need to sort themselves out. Fine to be down for maintenance (although they take these outages far too often IMO) but they should really be blocking access people's hubs rather than displaying false data
Reply 6
Original post by dunnott
UCAS IT really need to sort themselves out. Fine to be down for maintenance (although they take these outages far too often IMO) but they should really be blocking access people's hubs rather than displaying false data

Then you could email them and tell them that - [email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending