The Student Room Group

which one is recommened?

to eat two or three meals a day?
i dont take lunch to school and i have breakfast but sometimes dont have dinner because i feel tired and go to sleep
Reply 1
Original post by hurtinguser
to eat two or three meals a day?
i dont take lunch to school and i have breakfast but sometimes dont have dinner because i feel tired and go to sleep

Three is standard it is healthy to be eating throughout the day. If for whatever reason you cannot manage three, make sure you have two large meals as well as some decent snacks. Not eating enough, or frequently enough, will just make you more tired! And you'll be grumpier, find it harder to concentrate… and there are many serious consequences to your health that can result from not eating enough.
Is there any particular reason why you don't take lunch to school?
Reply 2
Original post by bl0bf1sh
Three is standard it is healthy to be eating throughout the day. If for whatever reason you cannot manage three, make sure you have two large meals as well as some decent snacks. Not eating enough, or frequently enough, will just make you more tired! And you'll be grumpier, find it harder to concentrate… and there are many serious consequences to your health that can result from not eating enough.
Is there any particular reason why you don't take lunch to school?

yes i use to bring lunch to school and i wanted to sit with a group of ppl in my year, but one person in the group didn't like this and decided to betray me
after a few months i was sitting by myself because i felt it was all my fault, and felt ppl staring at me which cause me to want to hide away and not bring lunch again
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
yes i use to bring lunch to school and i wanted to sit with a group of ppl in my year, but one person in the group didn't like this and decided to betray me
after a few months i was sitting by myself because i felt it was all my fault, and felt ppl staring at me which cause me to want to hide away and not bring lunch again

Does it really matter if you're sitting by yourself? If there's no one you want to sit with, then sit by yourself. It's totally ok to do that. Could you maybe bring a book to read whilst you have lunch? And if there are any people you think you might like to sit with, ask if they'd mind if you sat with them/at the same table.
People probably are not staring at you, they probably don't even care what others are doing they'll be more interested in enjoying their lunch.
Reply 4
Original post by bl0bf1sh
Does it really matter if you're sitting by yourself? If there's no one you want to sit with, then sit by yourself. It's totally ok to do that. Could you maybe bring a book to read whilst you have lunch? And if there are any people you think you might like to sit with, ask if they'd mind if you sat with them/at the same table.
People probably are not staring at you, they probably don't even care what others are doing they'll be more interested in enjoying their lunch.

i feel that being alone is better because i dont have to worry abt a conversation
and yes i could bring a book
but i also dont want the same thing to happen again
also i see ppl with their friends and just want to hide away
Reply 5
i feel that being alone is better because i dont have to worry abt a conversation
and yes i could bring a book
but i also dont want the same thing to happen again
also i see ppl with their friends and just want to hide away

What about later on in life? Wherever you go, you will see people spending time with each other. It's a normal part of life. And people can bond over food.
If you never put yourself out there, you will never really have the chance to meet new people and find new friends.
Your body needs food, and it always will, so you need to get used to eating including in school, and in the evenings.

Quick Reply

Latest