The Student Room Group

Healing Stage

Hi guys my partner and I want for us to heal so that we are a better person for ourselves and a better person for each other, although we won’t be meeting up as much no more especially only when she only says so, any tips and advice to go past through this stage
Reply 1
If you are in a relationship you should be supporting each other and working through the issues together. If you are going to address your problems independently and have one person dictate how things progress from there, I can't see it ending well...

How has it got to this stage, anyway?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
If you are in a relationship you should be supporting each other and working through the issues together. If you are going to address your problems independently and have one person dictate how things progress from there, I can't see it ending well...

Yeah we’ve addressed our issues my partner says I need to learn and anticipate being alone. What are things I can do in the meantime to have my mind off her.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah we’ve addressed our issues my partner says I need to learn and anticipate being alone. What are things I can do in the meantime to have my mind off her.

Why would she tell you to anticipate being alone; is she thinking of breaking up? Why would you not want to think of her?

This sounds very strange.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Why would she tell you yo anticipate being g alome; is she thinking of breaking up? Why would you not want to think of her?

This sounds very strange.

Well before this I used to like meet her like every single day but now she wants to at a time that’s best for the both of us and when we are free to meet.
Reply 5
It’s the only way to rekindle our relationship she wants it to work just like myself we’ve been together 9 months but last couple of weeks, and most recently due to a argument things have not been the same as it used to and we both want to be a better person for the other accepting what we are responsible for and working around it.
Reply 6
It’s the only way to rekindle our relationship she wants it to work just like myself we’ve been together 9 months but last couple of weeks, and most recently due to a argument things have not been the same as it used to and we both want to be a better person for the other accepting what we are responsible for and working around it.

This is all towards the long term, we want to get married eventually and whilst in the same house same roof we would never want a point for neither of us not to talk or be on the same page.
Reply 7
This is all towards the long term, we want to get married eventually and whilst in the same house same roof we would never want a point for neither of us not to talk or be on the same page.

So you'd see each other every day and have to work out any issues face-to-face. Why not now?
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
So you'd see each other every day and have to work out any issues face-to-face. Why not now?

Well it’s impacted us both mentally, we have past traumas to resolve, and we spoke this through and that’s what the both of us want and if she was okay with that which she was and I was we agreed with it recently it’s just been arguments, and accusation and words and stuff said that 4 years ago she’d never say having us been together for 9 months
Reply 9
One minute you say you've addressed the issues, the next that you're arguing. Then it's that you've both agreed how to move forward, but your girlfriend is controlling this so-called 'healing stage' and it is on her terms. Then you're going to live together, but she thinks you see too much of each other and you should be alone more often.

Isn't any of that a massive red flag to you, because it should be? Suggest you have a rethink about what is going on in this relationship, address out the real issues and sort it out together. A 'break' is most of the way to a 'break-up'...
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending