The Student Room Group

Relationship advice please!

I gave Jaron (my now ex) a note yesterday saying how I want him to be more gentle and trustworthy and he balled up the note and said he didn't care I said "okay." and I walked away and started crying on my friend's shoulder and all he did was watch. Kenny (my now ex's brother) came up to me and put his hand on my back and said. "what's wrong? what happened?'' my friend told him what Jaron did and Kenny slammed Jaron against a fence and said, "what is wrong with you? She is a beautiful girl, she is perfect and you are just gonna break her heart like that" I don't know what was going through Kenny's head but he then said, "this is how you treat a girl like grace." He told his friends to hold Jaron back. Kenny then walked over to me and hugged me. For the first time in a while I felt safe. He said. "Grace...I love you" I looked him in the eyes and I said in a joking way. "You know there is a talking stage we have to go through." He laughed and said "I know but can we speed things up between us." In confusion I said, "What do you mean?" He said, "this is what I mean" He kissed me infront of Jaron which made him mad but we didn't care. He offered to take me home but I declined that offer because I would have to be in a car with my ex and Kenny.

I got a text last night from Kenny saying, "Grace...I know this might be too soon for you but, I have liked you for a long time and I was too scared to admit it because I thought you were going to reject me. I want to know if maybe me and you can you know...date. Like being a couple. I promise I will treat you right. I won't hit you. I will love you. I will care about you, and how you feel. When I saw you crying today, I knew Jaron had done something to hurt you. You know I'm not like him. I hope you make a decision that you are most happy with. Follow your heart.❤"

I don't know what to think. Kenny is really sweet and nothing like Jaron at all. But do you think it is too soon?
Reply 1
That’s great Kenny stood up for you and put his brother back in his box.
Yes - way too soon & the circumstances are red flagging. This is not how to start a relationship especially with someone’s brother! If you like him get to know him first . Get emotions cool and calm on everyone’s side. I’m thinking 3 - 6 months. If not you are landing firmly in a deep hole on **** street. Be warned!
Reply 2
Original post by ZsaZsaBaby
That’s great Kenny stood up for you and put his brother back in his box.
Yes - way too soon & the circumstances are red flagging. This is not how to start a relationship especially with someone’s brother! If you like him get to know him first . Get emotions cool and calm on everyone’s side. I’m thinking 3 - 6 months. If not you are landing firmly in a deep hole on **** street. Be warned!

That's what I was thinking I just don't want to be known as the girl who got with her ex's brother so fast. Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
I gave Jaron (my now ex) a note yesterday saying how I want him to be more gentle and trustworthy and he balled up the note and said he didn't care I said "okay." and I walked away and started crying on my friend's shoulder and all he did was watch. Kenny (my now ex's brother) came up to me and put his hand on my back and said. "what's wrong? what happened?'' my friend told him what Jaron did and Kenny slammed Jaron against a fence and said, "what is wrong with you? She is a beautiful girl, she is perfect and you are just gonna break her heart like that" I don't know what was going through Kenny's head but he then said, "this is how you treat a girl like grace." He told his friends to hold Jaron back. Kenny then walked over to me and hugged me. For the first time in a while I felt safe. He said. "Grace...I love you" I looked him in the eyes and I said in a joking way. "You know there is a talking stage we have to go through." He laughed and said "I know but can we speed things up between us." In confusion I said, "What do you mean?" He said, "this is what I mean" He kissed me infront of Jaron which made him mad but we didn't care. He offered to take me home but I declined that offer because I would have to be in a car with my ex and Kenny.

I got a text last night from Kenny saying, "Grace...I know this might be too soon for you but, I have liked you for a long time and I was too scared to admit it because I thought you were going to reject me. I want to know if maybe me and you can you know...date. Like being a couple. I promise I will treat you right. I won't hit you. I will love you. I will care about you, and how you feel. When I saw you crying today, I knew Jaron had done something to hurt you. You know I'm not like him. I hope you make a decision that you are most happy with. Follow your heart.❤"

I don't know what to think. Kenny is really sweet and nothing like Jaron at all. But do you think it is too soon?

Way too soon
Reply 4
Original post by Stranger girl
Way too soon

That's what I told him and his head dropped I felt bad so I gave him a hug. He asked me if we could go into the talking stage. I told him to let me think about it. What do you think.
That's what I told him and his head dropped I felt bad so I gave him a hug. He asked me if we could go into the talking stage. I told him to let me think about it. What do you think.

Sure talk to him but make it clear it is only that you need time to heal
Reply 6
I was thinking - yes a few chats here and there but you need time and space to heal. Otherwise, this will become all consuming and reading your situation even I am feeling a bit stifled and restricted. So, relax. Find yourself again. Find your feet - chill. Give yourself space to grow and unfurl like the beautiful rose you are 🌹

Honestly a person that is willing to be there for you and put there all into to you is not a mistake, it is purposeful, YOU decide if this is right for you no one else does, life is not meant to go as planned, that is why it is excited, I met my twinflame when I stopped looking, we have transformed eachothers lives first starting as best friends and have now almost been together for two years, it was not easy believing in love and it's purpose but we've believed in our love for eachother. It is completely fine to feel that way at first, that's natural. ASk yourself is this what you want. Everyone's story is different, you just have to create it.
Reply 8
Original post by IntelligentB3ing
Honestly a person that is willing to be there for you and put there all into to you is not a mistake, it is purposeful, YOU decide if this is right for you no one else does, life is not meant to go as planned, that is why it is excited, I met my twinflame when I stopped looking, we have transformed eachothers lives first starting as best friends and have now almost been together for two years, it was not easy believing in love and it's purpose but we've believed in our love for eachother. It is completely fine to feel that way at first, that's natural. ASk yourself is this what you want. Everyone's story is different, you just have to create it.

This definetly is going to help
This definetly is going to help

Of course, you should do what makes you happy, if you feel like that person could be the one, you go for it, of course taking your time is considerable but if he makes you smile and makes you feel outside of this world, then feel proud of it, you can go to so many lengths with just one person both as one and as an individual, it is the best feeling in the universe. If being with him allows you to grow and transform while not having to compromise your own values, then go for it!
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending