The Student Room Group

Maths

What are some good revision techniques for maths, other than just past papers
Original post by Bensonyifanwu

idk but usually when i don’t get something even after doing many past papers, i do like multiple questions on that topic. or anything that questions includes. after doing that i’m confident with that topic and if a question like that comes up i get it. keep doing that for every question you see after doing past papers. also use The Gcse Maths Tutor on youtube- he’s really good for explanations
Original post by Bensonyifanwu

Hi, I'm a third year maths student at Lancaster University and I thought I could let you know the ways I like to revise:
1) It sounds like you're already doing this, but past papers are one of the most valuable ways to revise. If you run out of those, there's usually websites that will make you practice papers.
2) I would suggest going through all the topics you have done and do questions on all of them, either from your textbook or theres lots of websites online that have questions. If you're struggling to do a particular topic it can be helpful to go through it with a friend or a teacher and do lots of questions on it.
3) Another thing to do if you don't understand a topic is to look it up on youtube and there's always lots of videos. Sometimes they'll explain the topic in a different way which might help it click.
4) I really found doing exam papers with my friends helpful. If you all do the same paper and then mark each others, it can help you a lot. One of your friends might have a completely different approach to a question than you which might help you understand the topic more.
5) If your school runs revision sessions they're also helpful to go along to.

I hope this helps and good luck with your exams!

- Penelope (Lancaster University Mathematics Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest