The Student Room Group

English lit what if I didn't use the extract

JUST did my gcse English lit paper but didn't use the extract am I capped at any mark
Reply 1
Well, yes. The question would have specifically asked you to refer to the extract and the text as a whole. It's not an entire loss though! It's impossible to achieve full marks at this stage, but don't dwell. You are still capable of a high grade (maybe around a 7) if the quality of the content you delivered is good as a whole. I sat mine today as well. Good luck!!
Reply 2
Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by kaafi0178
JUST did my gcse English lit paper but didn't use the extract am I capped at any mark

Done the exact same thing
Original post by K.online.
Well, yes. The question would have specifically asked you to refer to the extract and the text as a whole. It's not an entire loss though! It's impossible

to achieve full marks at this stage, but don't dwell. You are still capable of a high grade (maybe around a 7) if the quality of the content you delivered is good as a whole. I sat mine today as well. Good luck!!

Do you mean a grade 7 on that specific question or the entire paper?
Reply 5
I referenced the extract once very briefly, do you think that is enough?
Reply 6
Original post by heidiimogen
Done the exact same thing

May we both do good in paper 2 we are gonna need to do really good on paper 2
Reply 7
video if you forgot to write extract - https://youtube.com/shorts/5CBHnBaYRPs?feature=share
Reply 8
Original post by TakeItUpAmongst
Do you mean a grade 7 on that specific question or the entire paper?

Just that question, so long as you didn't make the same mistake twice, though a brief mention of it might atleast achieve you a few marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending