The Student Room Group

IAL Spanish writing

Hi, does anybody has Ocho Apellidos essays? Or do you know how to write it??
Original post by Albaxxx
Hi, does anybody has Ocho Apellidos essays? Or do you know how to write it??

Hi I'm doing El Laberinto del Fauno and La Casa de los Espiritus

both the essays are pretty much the same and from what I understand you just follow these steps:
- figure out what they want from you. Do you have to analyse? Do you have to justify?
- Lay out 2-3 points of literary or contemporary context, i.e. events that happen in the story or things that influenced the writer/director
- Write your intro, ideally 2-3 sentences long, and something like:
- Sentence 1: 'Para responder a esta pregunta, es necesario analizar/determinar/justificar...' and then just kind of reword the question so it fits.
- Sentence 2: 'Para llevar esto a cabo...' and then just briefly explain the process you will use to reach your conclusion
- Don't add any examples to your intro - that's for later

- Then you work your 2-3 points into 2/3 paragraphs, not too long and as concise and simple as possible. Try and use the most obvious examples/points where you can. Just like GCSE English it's: sentence 1 = point, sentence 2 = evidence (example) sentence 3 = explain how the evidence links to the point, and sentence 4 = Link back to the question!!! How do the first 3 sentences contribute to answering the question?
Never forget to link back to the question. It feels very repetitive but it's necessary.

- The conclusion: Around 2 sentences long and should be similar to the intro, whilst also taking into account the examples you used. Don't add anything new!!

I know this all sounds a bit weird but it's worked for me!
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by MinnieMouse162
Hi I'm doing El Laberinto del Fauno and La Casa de los Espiritus

both the essays are pretty much the same and from what I understand you just follow these steps:
- figure out what they want from you. Do you have to analyse? Do you have to justify?
- Lay out 2-3 points of literary or contemporary context, i.e. events that happen in the story or things that influenced the writer/director
- Write your intro, ideally 2-3 sentences long, and something like:
- Sentence 1: 'Para responder a esta pregunta, es necesario analizar/determinar/justificar...' and then just kind of reword the question so it fits.
- Sentence 2: 'Para llevar esto a cabo...' and then just briefly explain the process you will use to reach your conclusion
- Don't add any examples to your intro - that's for later

- Then you work your 2-3 points into 2/3 paragraphs, not too long and as concise and simple as possible. Try and use the most obvious examples/points where you can. Just like GCSE English it's: sentence 1 = point, sentence 2 = evidence (example) sentence 3 = explain how the evidence links to the point, and sentence 4 = Link back to the question!!! How do the first 3 sentences contribute to answering the question?
Never forget to link back to the question. It feels very repetitive but it's necessary.

- The conclusion: Around 2 sentences long and should be similar to the intro, whilst also taking into account the examples you used. Don't add anything new!!

I know this all sounds a bit weird but it's worked for me!
Good luck!

Thank you for your reply! Do you have any Ocho Apellidos Vascos essays written??
Original post by Albaxxx
Thank you for your reply! Do you have any Ocho Apellidos Vascos essays written??

thank you for your reply! sadly i don't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending