The Student Room Group

A levels for a social worker

Hiya asking for a friend
What a levels are needed to do a course related to this job? Unis were very vague about this
Thank you
Original post by Trickia
Hiya asking for a friend
What a levels are needed to do a course related to this job? Unis were very vague about this
Thank you

What does it actually say on unis websites?
If they dont specify any particular subjects, then you are fine to do whatever subjects you want, as long as you get the required grades.
Sociology may be a good subject to do.
English, Maths, Psychology, Geography and History may also be worth looking into.
Reply 2
Original post by Trickia
Hiya asking for a friend
Thank you

Confidence in asking questions and interacting with others is a skill which it looked for above A Levels.
Reply 3
Original post by Emma:-)
What does it actually say on unis websites?
If they dont specify any particular subjects, then you are fine to do whatever subjects you want, as long as you get the required grades.
Sociology may be a good subject to do.
English, Maths, Psychology, Geography and History may also be worth looking into.

Well it I looked at some and they just want a pass atleast in English and maths and a certain amount of subjects but that isn't important on what they are. These are about gcse subjects not a level
Original post by Trickia
Well it I looked at some and they just want a pass atleast in English and maths and a certain amount of subjects but that isn't important on what they are. These are about gcse subjects not a level

What does it say about A-level?
Reply 5
Not really anything tbh but I'm afraid other places may need it

Original post by Emma:-)
What does it say about A-level?
Original post by Trickia
Not really anything tbh but I'm afraid other places may need it

Well if it's uni then yes they will all require a-levels or the equivalent.
Reply 7
So sociology is a good a level? What else would you recommend as it seems that they just need 3 grades that meet the requirements
Sociology
Law Psychology
Religious Studies
History
English

All good choices for Social Work, as you need to be able to write well and coherently.
Logic, reasoning and interpretating information is also very good skills to have for this subject at university level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending