The Student Room Group

Can social worker contact my school without my consent?

hi all,i am 17 y/o, i turn 18 in 3 months. i was put under a child protection plan because of allegations. there was no evidence for my case. however, social services now want to get involved and have given me a social worker. i do not consent to them contacting my school however they say it is necessary. i am head girl at my school and have a lot of responsibility and leadership with the younger year groups. if my school know i have a social worker, i feel as though they will think very low of me. regardless, i dont want my school involved. do i get a solicitor to take this further? i need to know my rights.
I suspect they don't need your permission here if you are bound by the plan and they say it's needed. I think you'd struggle to demonstrate it was unreasonable.
Reply 2
Original post by z4ra.x
hi all,i am 17 y/o, i turn 18 in 3 months. i was put under a child protection plan because of allegations. there was no evidence for my case. however, social services now want to get involved and have given me a social worker. i do not consent to them contacting my school however they say it is necessary. i am head girl at my school and have a lot of responsibility and leadership with the younger year groups. if my school know i have a social worker, i feel as though they will think very low of me. regardless, i dont want my school involved. do i get a solicitor to take this further? i need to know my rights.

Services such as social services, the police and schools all have a legal duty towards the protection of children and that involves working together and sharing information. Have you considered contacting your social worker and asking them what their concerns are and what evidence they have that has caused concerns?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending