The Student Room Group

I hate being neurodivergent.

Hello. This is the second post I've made today.

I know I am neurodivergent despite my parents being reluctant to give me a diagnosis (& due to a neurological disability which would be a integral factor), but I did have some help and therapy on things like speech and language, which still occur to this day, and it seems to have gotten worse. I can never communicate with people effectively, and I am rubbish at expressing my thoughts in words, especially when it comes to stuff like creative writing. I can never think ahead, and this is making me so mad. I can never be able to say what I can because of my impediment, and the same with writing. I hope it gets better though.
It's not really down to your parents to "give" you such a diagnosis.
Have you spoken with any professionals?
A confidential conversation with a GP might be a good place to start or check to see if you have a local Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service - CAMHS. These will be staffed by people who know what their talking about and what support they can offer you. You ought to be able to self-refer but there is likely to be a bit of a waiting list.
Best wishes for your journey
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Just as SomeonesDad suggested, if you're under 18 definitely try and get referred to CAMHS. I know they get a bad rep but I personally had a good experience with them, and that's the best way to get assessed for neurodivergence for free. Either see your GP or talk to your school's SENCo. Wish you the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending