The Student Room Group

Missing a grade

Hi I got a contextual offer from KCL to study history .
I applied for law but I guess my lnat was too low and furthermore I did not do history at gcse or a level
The offer is ABB But I’m scared I’ll get something like ABC. Do you think they will let me in or if i negotiate ? Especially as I think I will get a C in Art A level which is not really relevant to history
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Shenice599
Hi I got a contextual offer from KCL to study history .
I applied for law but I guess my lnat was too low and furthermore I did not do history at gcse or a level
The offer is ABB But I’m scared I’ll get something like ABC. Do you think they will let me in or if i negotiate ? Especially as I think I will get a C in Art A level which is not really relevant to history

It completely depends on how many people meet their offer grades, and therefore how many places (if any) are left unfilled. If there are some available spaces, then they might look to fill them with "near miss" candidates such as yourself. Or they might prefer to open the course to Clearing, in the hope of getting some ABB (or better) candidates on board. Or they might do both.

Is all about the numbers and no-one, not even KCL, knows how many students are going to meet their offer grades.
Are you sure you want to firm History when you applied for law? Do you have any law offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending