The Student Room Group

why do guys look at you once you walk past?

I have noticed this alot. Today I was fully covered up, no skin nothing showing and many men didn't look at me until after the walked past me and turned back to check me out, many times (my friend was walking behind me and we'd thought it would be a fun experiment to see and he said alot of those guys didn't look at you/check you out before the walked past you but once they walked past you they looked back and eye'd you up and down).

So why do you think men do this? Is this a common thing to do, for guys to check you out from behind because I don't really see it happening and I was very surprised it happened to me
Maybe so you don't see them look?
Reply 2
Original post by toxicgamage56
Maybe so you don't see them look?

yeah but i have a very meh body, i have no assets and im skinny as hell (im carried by face) so what are they trying to check out XD
Original post by Anonymous
yeah but i have a very meh body, i have no assets and im skinny as hell (im carried by face) so what are they trying to check out XD

Eh, men are weird. Maybe they saw your face and thought it was pretty enough for a second glimpse. Tbh, I doubt they need very much reason to check a girl out.
I think this is a safety reflex for some people. I certainly do it and I'm not checking girls out. I do it regardless of gender.
Reply 5
Original post by 1582
I think this is a safety reflex for some people. I certainly do it and I'm not checking girls out. I do it regardless of gender.

hmm so whats your reason as to why you do it if you're not checking him/her out?
hmm so whats your reason as to why you do it if you're not checking him/her out?

As I said already, it is a safety reflex: an automatic physical reaction to ensure my personal safety.
(edited 11 months ago)

They raise a good point. If you seem like a murderer, that's a pretty good reason to look back too.
Reply 8
Maybe because you have a weird demeanor.
Especially if you are purposely checking to see if guys are looking at you.
Reply 9
Original post by 1582
As I said already, it is a safety reflex: an automatic physical reaction to ensure my personal safety.

ohhh thats what you mean
Original post by toxicgamage56
They raise a good point. If you seem like a murderer, that's a pretty good reason to look back too.

bruh no I'm an 18 year old girl and it was a public place in broad daylight with loads of people, I am sure thats not the reason that guys are looking back to see if I am going to murder them wtf lol
Reply 10
Original post by xox416
Maybe because you have a weird demeanor.
Especially if you are purposely checking to see if guys are looking at you.

I am not looking at them at all, hence why I asked my friend to check from behind so that theres bias (obvs when i look they will look back). I literally looked forward and minded my business
ohhh thats what you mean

bruh no I'm an 18 year old girl and it was a public place in broad daylight with loads of people, I am sure thats not the reason that guys are looking back to see if I am going to murder them wtf lol

I was joking lol
Reply 12
I am not looking at them at all, hence why I asked my friend to check from behind so that theres bias (obvs when i look they will look back). I literally looked forward and minded my business

I'm not saying you're looking at them but you're walking knowing men might be looking at you so your probably looking odd and not even knowing it.
Reply 13
Original post by xox416
I'm not saying you're looking at them but you're walking knowing men might be looking at you so your probably looking odd and not even knowing it.

oh okay, hmm maybe could be a reason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending