The Student Room Group

University

I am in my 1 year of college/sixth form. I am doing Level 3 Travel And tourism BTEC and am predicted a D for this year. I want to go to Uni but I’m worried I won’t get the grades to get into a teaching (Education QTS) degree.
What do I do if I don’t get the grades to go to Uni? What did you do?
Reply 1
Original post by Syed998
I am in my 1 year of college/sixth form. I am doing Level 3 Travel And tourism BTEC and am predicted a D for this year. I want to go to Uni but I’m worried I won’t get the grades to get into a teaching (Education QTS) degree.
What do I do if I don’t get the grades to go to Uni? What did you do?

I would take a gap year, make sure to get better grades than my predicted and reapply
Reply 2
Original post by _user_
I would take a gap year, make sure to get better grades than my predicted and reapply

would you suggest me doing another course or re doing the first year if I don’t get attain a D?
Reply 3
Oh i mean that you should just do your exam and try to score higher than your predicted grade, in this case a D* ( i think i'm not familiar with BTECs) and then apply again with the achieved grades
if you are applying this September, apply and if you don't get in, apply the year after but with the achieved grades. I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Thank u so much!

Original post by _user_
Oh i mean that you should just do your exam and try to score higher than your predicted grade, in this case a D* ( i think i'm not familiar with BTECs) and then apply again with the achieved grades
if you are applying this September, apply and if you don't get in, apply the year after but with the achieved grades. I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Syed998
Thank u so much!

No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest