The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick physics

I have an offer of A*AA for physics at Warwick but am unsure I can make the third A does anyone know people that have missed their offer but still gotten into Warwick? thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by marksm1th
I have an offer of A*AA for physics at Warwick but am unsure I can make the third A does anyone know people that have missed their offer but still gotten into Warwick? thanks.

Yes but not quite the same. My son had an A*AA offer but they accepted him on AAA. His physics and maths As were quite close to the A* boundary which might have helped. I'd be surprised if they accepted a B in either physics or maths.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Yes but not quite the same. My son had an A*AA offer but they accepted him on AAA. His physics and maths As were quite close to the A* boundary which might have helped. I'd be surprised if they accepted a B in either physics or maths.

the b would likely be in further maths the A*and A in maths and physics im pretty confident on
Reply 3
the b would likely be in further maths the A*and A in maths and physics im pretty confident on

Well as they don't say you need further maths you could be lucky if your other %s are high enough. It really does depend on how many places they have available after those that have met the offer. This, of course, changes every year.

As an aside, looking at what my son has had to do (going beyond some aspects of FM quite quickly in term 1), I wouldn't recommend this course to anyone that scrapes an A in Maths if they worked very hard to achieve it. It's a tough course, full of hard maths, with lots of weekly work that all count towards the final grade.
Reply 4
Well as they don't say you need further maths you could be lucky if your other %s are high enough. It really does depend on how many places they have available after those that have met the offer. This, of course, changes every year.

As an aside, looking at what my son has had to do (going beyond some aspects of FM quite quickly in term 1), I wouldn't recommend this course to anyone that scrapes an A in Maths if they worked very hard to achieve it. It's a tough course, full of hard maths, with lots of weekly work that all count towards the final grade.

Just wanted to say, the 2nd paragraph wasn't directed at OP - more of a general observation for anyone coming across this post :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest