The Student Room Group

Switching Universities

Hi, Currently studying AI and i'm not sure if I should transfer uni. Its a bit too late to switch degree programmes since if i did i'm locked off some regular cs courses next year anyway and im a bit worried if i stay at this uni ill end up with an ordinary degree next year due to the difficulty of the AI modules next year. Any advice would help.

Thanks
Yeah, it's a tough spot to be in, I get your concerns.
It's essential to carefully consider your options and make a decision that aligns with your long-term goals and aspirations, and won't regret it in the future. While I can't make the decision for you, here are some points of information:

If your current university provides a strong foundation in AI and offers good resources, and you feel like you could still do well if you work very hard, it might be worth sticking with your current program.

However, if you feel that your AI course may not give your desired career path, it might be worth exploring the possibility of transferring to a different university with a slower pace that focuses more on quality of teaching of AI. Consider researching other universities' reputations, course offerings, faculty expertise, and career placement opportunities for AI graduates.

Additionally, it's crucial to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of transferring universities at this stage. Transferring might set you back a year, so consider the potential impact on your academic progress and your overall learning experience.

I recommend seeking advice from academic supervisors / personal tutors, who can provide a more personalized guidance based on your specific circumstances.

Remember, this is a significant decision that will shape your academic and professional future. Take your time, gather as much information as possible, and trust your instincts.

Best of luck with your decision-making process.
Reply 2
Original post by Potted_Plant
Yeah, it's a tough spot to be in, I get your concerns.
It's essential to carefully consider your options and make a decision that aligns with your long-term goals and aspirations, and won't regret it in the future. While I can't make the decision for you, here are some points of information:

If your current university provides a strong foundation in AI and offers good resources, and you feel like you could still do well if you work very hard, it might be worth sticking with your current program.

However, if you feel that your AI course may not give your desired career path, it might be worth exploring the possibility of transferring to a different university with a slower pace that focuses more on quality of teaching of AI. Consider researching other universities' reputations, course offerings, faculty expertise, and career placement opportunities for AI graduates.

Additionally, it's crucial to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of transferring universities at this stage. Transferring might set you back a year, so consider the potential impact on your academic progress and your overall learning experience.

I recommend seeking advice from academic supervisors / personal tutors, who can provide a more personalized guidance based on your specific circumstances.

Remember, this is a significant decision that will shape your academic and professional future. Take your time, gather as much information as possible, and trust your instincts.

Best of luck with your decision-making process.

Hi, thank you very much for your advice. I'm not really sure i even want to do AI in the future as i come to realise its essentially just a stats degree in disguise. I quite enjoyed my regular cs and se courses tho so i think im going to try and look for universities that focus more on cs.
Reply 3
Found out that my University doesn't allow resits or resitting the year in year 3 either :|

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending