The Student Room Group

Maths based project

I am completing a maths project for my computer science A-level project. If you have a moment I would greatly appreciate it if you would share your own experience of learning this part of the course by answering the following question:

What do you find difficult about understanding trajectory equations (SUVAT)?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Braban
I am completing a maths project for my computer science A-level project. If you have a moment I would greatly appreciate it if you would share your own experience of learning this part of the course by answering the following question:

I don't get that the thing that throws it up, is not a force acting on it as the ball or whatever you have thrown is only there because you through it, so your hand must have a force on it?
Reply 2
Original post by Braban

my maths folder is full of worksheets, suvats are just another one amongst the masses. suvats could be made more user friendly, the maths is quite straight forward but it is easy to come unstuck if you jump to conclusions eg forget about drag
Reply 3
•This is something I am really struggling with. I find the formula too confronting, I just don't 'see it'.
Reply 4
Original post by Braban

The main issue is that your get taught these formulas but you don't get a chance to experiment with them. All you do is practice exam questions rather than understand what the different parts are. It reminds me of when I was learning the violin and I would learn the exam pieces each year, but didn't get to consolidate my playing by learning pieces other than for the exam.
Reply 5
Original post by Braban

In questions like this it's important to have a clear picture of what's going on before you look at equations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending