The Student Room Group

Waiting for PhD acceptance letter from Edinburgh

Hi! I've been waiting for formal acceptance letter for nearly 3months and still no response. I already have a supervisory team for my project and started having preliminary meetings with them. They treat me as their phd student(which I am very glad of), but still no formal status. Should I email them to track my application, or should I just stay patient? I really need admission by now because I am an international student
Original post by Yunseok123
Hi! I've been waiting for formal acceptance letter for nearly 3months and still no response. I already have a supervisory team for my project and started having preliminary meetings with them. They treat me as their phd student(which I am very glad of), but still no formal status. Should I email them to track my application, or should I just stay patient? I really need admission by now because I am an international student

Just to make sure I understand, you've been allocated your team & have started discussions with them... all without being accepted? Or, have you received an acceptance email and are just waiting for the PDF letter?

If it's the former, definitely email them! You will need your status updated to firm your place, request a CAS, and get your visa in place.

Also, hello from a fellow international postgrad! I'll be attending come September for my MSc :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending