The Student Room Group

Understanding Old Testament

How do you balance the demands of family in Gen 2:24 with the call of discipleship
Reply 1
Is there a specific verse describing the call of discipleship that you feel doesn't balance very well with the demands of family?
Reply 2
You basically ignore the old testament cos jesus said so
Reply 3
Original post by Nancy Juan
How do you balance the demands of family in Gen 2:24 with the call of discipleship

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Many people prefer to be married, they can do God's ministry more effectively as married.
One reason is given in 1Cor. 7:2, 35-36:

"to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. . . . that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.
But if any man think that he behaves himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry.
Reply 4
Original post by Nancy Juan

I never understood it to be honest
Reply 5
Original post by rovannieri
I never understood it to be honest

You don't learn to walk straight away, first you learn to feed, then crawl, then toddle, then walk.

So, did you ever have the born again experience?
Reply 6
Original post by Guru Jason
You basically ignore the old testament cos jesus said so

Jesus said "I have not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets"
Reply 7
Original post by WADR
Jesus said "I have not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets"

Neurolinguistic programming at its finest there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending