The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Biology B Paper 1 (9BI0 01) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel A-level Biology B Paper 1 exam go today?

Edexcel A-level Biology B Paper 1 (9BI0 01) | 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 7th June/ PM
Length: 1h 45m
Congratulations on finishing your exam!
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can’t find any forum for this please tell me someone’s doing the same as me 😭 I’m struggling so much
Original post by 67824930
Can’t find any forum for this please tell me someone’s doing the same as me 😭 I’m struggling so much

ah- im doing A :frown:

Apparently they are very different.
Hopefully you'll find someone who is doing the same a -level as you!

Hiya, I've made your thread the official chat for this exam and moved it to the appropriate forum. I'll also add it to the central directory and make threads for the other two papers as well. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by DaydreamingTeen
ah- im doing A :frown:

Apparently they are very different.
Hopefully you'll find someone who is doing the same a -level as you!

I swear I’m the only person doing B😭 literally just started revising today due to my other exams taking priority, planning to sacrifice this paper tbh and then try really hard for 2 and 3. Good luck for yours though!!
I swear I’m the only person doing B😭 literally just started revising today due to my other exams taking priority, planning to sacrifice this paper tbh and then try really hard for 2 and 3. Good luck for yours though!!

I’m in the same boat. I had geography today and psychology yesterday which took priority. Hopefully I can make up for it in the last 2 papers!
Reply 6
Finally found someone doing Edexcel B. How are you feeling?? I'm fine on the content but the mark scheme answers are so hard.
How did it go today guys?
Reply 8
I wanna know too how did y’all find it?
Reply 9
icl i found it so hard 😭
Original post by Minminwun

Quite good, time pressure quite hard as always but i answers all of the questions apart from the one about the head to head tail flagellum thing
Reply 11
Original post by Minminwun

That was the weirdest paper first and last question and the head flagellum one confused me so so much
I had to miss out on 12 marks 😩
the first graph question on phosphate ions threw me off I'm not gonna lie, I was just waffling how aerobic respiration can provide enough ATP for active transport
Reply 14
Absolutely ****ed that paper, missed out on about 20 marks just from leaving them blank, including the last 6 marker and the stuff about agglutination (wtf is that). I wasn’t confident on anything and nearly cried, would honestly be surprised if I got more than 15 marks😃😃😃😃
Reply 15
Original post by Olivia294719
the first graph question on phosphate ions threw me off I'm not gonna lie, I was just waffling how aerobic respiration can provide enough ATP for active transport

I thought that question was about potassium ions damn I actually could’ve wrote stuff about phosphate ions I think
Reply 16
What are we thinking the grade boundaries are gonna be like? Let’s say I did get 15 marks on that paper, what would I need on the other 2 for a C?
Reply 17
I thought that question was about potassium ions damn I actually could’ve wrote stuff about phosphate ions I think

it definitely was potassium i reread the question so much because i was so baffled

Tbf you’re probably right I think I read most of those questions completely wrong 💀💀
Reply 19
Original post by tscarlett
it definitely was potassium i reread the question so much because i was so baffled

Think I left it blank tbh I have no idea what potassium ions do

Latest

Trending

Trending