The Student Room Group

Teachers Admit to not teaching an entire subtopic day before exam

Hi All,
My friend who is due to sit their OCR A Level History paper 2 this afternoon had their teachers admit yesterday to their entire class that they haven't taught the entirety of "Britain’s Position in the World".
If this comes up, they will only have last night's stress-study knowledge to write about.
Is there a case for special consideration here? Because it is through no fault of their own that they haven't been taught it.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
did she say why they didn't teach it? something similar happened to me and it was because they didn't think it was likely to come up (which it didn't) and there wasn't enough time in the timetable to teach it. its probably best not to stress too much yet and not to think the worst immediately. she can go over the topic and then if it does come up and she doesn't know it to worry about it then.
Reply 2
Original post by Spelunker
did she say why they didn't teach it? something similar happened to me and it was because they didn't think it was likely to come up (which it didn't) and there wasn't enough time in the timetable to teach it. its probably best not to stress too much yet and not to think the worst immediately. she can go over the topic and then if it does come up and she doesn't know it to worry about it then.

Hey, thank you for replying, your post has reminded me that I didn't provide the time frame, they told them yesterday and the exam is at 13:30 today!
They didn't say why they didn't teach it, so i'm just concerned :/
Reply 3
Original post by ER027
Hey, thank you for replying, your post has reminded me that I didn't provide the time frame, they told them yesterday and the exam is at 13:30 today!
They didn't say why they didn't teach it, so i'm just concerned :/

oh wow that's not good! yeah I mean if it did come up maybe you'd be able to do something? but it might not get anywhere since it's a school issue. hope your friend did OK tho :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending