The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

reading BA Education Studies Open Day

I have signed up to attend an open day at Reading next weekend and I am a bit anxious as I'm not sure what to expect. Also my mum will be dropping me off so essentially Ill be attending by myself but Ive visited the uni before but I have not been to an open day yet alone. Does anyone know if peoples parents normally attend with their children?
Reply 1
Hi it's a mixture really. You will get the chance to chat with lecturers and parents if there, tend to not be involved at this bit.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I have signed up to attend an open day at Reading next weekend and I am a bit anxious as I'm not sure what to expect. Also my mum will be dropping me off so essentially Ill be attending by myself but Ive visited the uni before but I have not been to an open day yet alone. Does anyone know if peoples parents normally attend with their children?

Hey @Anonymous

It's totally normal to be a bit anxious about it all (I definitely was when I went to open days too!) - it's the unknown, isn't it?!
From my experiences though, the open day was actually what made me feel more certain about Reading as everyone was so welcoming and helpful as soon as I arrived and I instantly felt safe/imagined it being home, which was super important for me, so hopefully you'll feel the same when you arrive!

Parents definitely do come along, but not everyone comes with a parent. Some people bring friends or just come on their own, and that's totally fine! There will be people around to ask any questions you have and you'll be given timetables and maps to help you plan out your time. We often find that people end up chatting to others' who have come along to the open day and you may find you end up going around with someone you meet on the day, or there will be plenty of ambassadors around to direct you or make you feel at ease if/when you need a friendly face! We totally get how overwhelming things like this can be, so we want to try and help you feel as much at ease as we can so don't be afraid to approach anyone in a red top.

There will be lots going on on the day, from tours to subject talks and chances for q&a's, but the timetables will help you figure out what you want to go to and when. Keep an eye on your emails for the most up to date useful information about what to expect on the day before hand too.
There's lots of information about what to expect on our website here, which may be helpful.

Let us know if you have any other questions, but hope this is helpful!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending