The Student Room Group

Going to uni at a older age

I’m 29 I have done one year of open uni in childhood studies but looking into doing a uni course full time, but am I too old to be thinking about it? Also worried about fiancés I do have certain payments and would want to work alongside my course is this possible has anyone got any advice?
Original post by Charfen1994
I’m 29 I have done one year of open uni in childhood studies but looking into doing a uni course full time, but am I too old to be thinking about it? Also worried about fiancés I do have certain payments and would want to work alongside my course is this possible has anyone got any advice?

Whilst I do not have any specific advice, I can assure you that there are many people who have studied at University at a very much later age. A good example is my Dads business partner who at the age of 45 went to University and qualified as a Nurse recently :smile: that was his dream goal and back then due to issues with family and other stuff he was set back. Myself, being in my 20s I have also not gone to University yet but still aspire to do so. A lot of failures upon failures with a lot of things and a lot of set backs have caused me to be so delayed.. Whilst I see my friends and everyone else that grew up with me accomplishing so much and settling down I meanwhile feel I have done nothing at all. But there is always light at the end of the tunnel, don't give up we are just walking down our road to success. All in good time, best of luck :smile:
Reply 2
It’s always something I would love to have done back when I finished college, finding it all overwhelming with the amount of uni and courses, thanks for your tips hopefully I figure out something!
That is late but there are tons of students who study at an older age, expecially on certain courses like healthcare related. You certainly won’t be alone and tbh when you are working with and getting to know other students they become your peers and the concept of age sort of vanishes : D It is more about how you present yourself if you can get on with people with will accept you

Quick Reply

Latest