The Student Room Group

I’m starting to lose all hope in dating

I get that this probably gets posted here a lot but I wanted to say my piece.

Modern day dating, especially dating apps, are both absolutely terrible.

I was talking to a girl, we were getting on great, then she goes radio silent. This happened twice, and just as I was ready to call it quits, she messages back saying she’s sorry and that she doesn’t check the site much. I suggested that we move to a different app, and then out of no where she just removes me as a match.

And this was with someone where we actually had a decent conversation going…

How are you supposed to actually get anywhere with these apps??

I’m just at a point where I don’t know how to meet people anymore. I’ve gone to clubs, I’ve got a new job, I’ve picked up new hobbies, and I’ve tried literally every dating app possible

Help me get out of this please, it’s really messing with my mental health
Reply 1
probably one of those paid ones. the apps hire fake girls to chat to guys and keep them on the app, when u suggesting moving of the app no reason for them to talk to you
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I get that this probably gets posted here a lot but I wanted to say my piece.

Modern day dating, especially dating apps, are both absolutely terrible.

I was talking to a girl, we were getting on great, then she goes radio silent. This happened twice, and just as I was ready to call it quits, she messages back saying she’s sorry and that she doesn’t check the site much. I suggested that we move to a different app, and then out of no where she just removes me as a match.

And this was with someone where we actually had a decent conversation going…

How are you supposed to actually get anywhere with these apps??

I’m just at a point where I don’t know how to meet people anymore. I’ve gone to clubs, I’ve got a new job, I’ve picked up new hobbies, and I’ve tried literally every dating app possible

Help me get out of this please, it’s really messing with my mental health

Get a hobby
Reply 3
probably one of those paid ones. the apps hire fake girls to chat to guys and keep them on the app, when u suggesting moving of the app no reason for them to talk to you

She sent me quite a few voice notes so I know she was genuine. I’m guessing she just enjoyed the attention and then the moment it was looking to go anywhere serious she bailed.
Get a hobby

Read my post fully next time
Original post by Oj301
Take a break and re-evaluate yourself. As for apps, I wouldn't recommend coz you not sure who you're chatting. I'd prefer you approach a lady directly, be it in the mall, park etc. that way you even boost your confidence instead of hiding behind the keypad in those apps.

yeah I’m definitely taking a break from the apps. I just find approaching girls difficult because they’re always on their phones and looking like they’re not wanting someone to talk to them. Kinda wish I was born 30 years earlier!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending