The Student Room Group

Will I be able to do Law A-levels if I failed my maths GCSE?

Hello! Now I'm doing my GCSE’s and i’m pretty confident that I’ll pass everything except from maths. I know that for my course maths is required at grade 4 or above. This makes me nervous because I might get a grade 3 because of couple of marks… My predicted grade is 4, but still I want to ask what I should do if won’t achieve it :frown:

Thank you!
Original post by wolfganga
Hello! Now I'm doing my GCSE’s and i’m pretty confident that I’ll pass everything except from maths. I know that for my course maths is required at grade 4 or above. This makes me nervous because I might get a grade 3 because of couple of marks… My predicted grade is 4, but still I want to ask what I should do if won’t achieve it :frown:

Thank you!

When you say, "for my course maths is required at grade 4 or above", you're referring to the particular policy of one school or college. As a result, only they can tell you how the might react if you were to obtain a grade 3 in Maths.

Hopefully they'll accept you on the basis that you retake your Maths GCSE alongside the new course. However, only they can tell you for sure.
Reply 2
Original post by wolfganga

Thank you!

Yeah. It depends on what the school does. You never know, maybe you did better than you expected! If you do have to retake maths, I don't think it would be the end of the world.
Wait to see your results, then ask your school or college. Once your 18 you can take gcse maths and English for free at an adult education college if you get under a grade 4 /low C. I’ve been in classes with students who have done this, while they have been studying A levels etc.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest