The Student Room Group

I want to quit driving

I honestly hate driving so much and I dread every lesson I have. The thing is I have passed my theory test and I can drive it's just I'm a nervous driver and honestly my instructor makes me want to cry sometimes. But then if I quit all the money I spent on driving lessons will be wasted. Also I have finished learning everything it's just I'm not very good at roundabouts and even though I know how to do everything in my head I'm just so nervous when I'm actually doing it. I also feel I should quit because I have been with my instructor for a long time, way longer than other students (as in months longer than usual) which is making me insecure. Also what if I eventually do get good at it and book my test (which their are waiting lists for) do I have to keep doing lessons for months longer whilst just waiting until my test date which means the lessons are useless? I hate driving but if I don't stick to it now I'll probably never learn and it is a useful skill to know how to drive a manual. So how do I get my confidence up and fall in love with driving?
Try a different instructor, see if they’re more chill and that might calm your nerves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending