The Student Room Group

Is there a standard time frame for formal offer after completed checks?

Just wondering what others have experienced with getting their formal offer once background checks were completed successfully?

I know that everyone can experience different things but there is usually a common trend.

I applied for General EO role in DWP - put on reserve list - then offered a provisional offer

Onboarding took 4 weeks to come back.
I would imagine if they sent me a provisional offer, then essentially ere is a contract/position sitting there to be filled so why does it take so long for that to be sent as a formal offer after passing the checks?

Is there a delay in that information being passed to the manager, do they have other processes to do before "everything" is complete, do they wait to a certain time in the month before releasing the next batch, or are they just busy?

Just keen to hear from others

Cheers
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by JDSensations
Just wondering what others have experienced with getting their formal offer once background checks were completed successfully?

I know that everyone can experience different things but there is usually a common trend.

I applied for General EO role in DWP - put on reserve list - then offered a provisional offer

I would imagine if they sent me a provisional offer, then essentially ere is a contract/position sitting there to be filled so why does it take so long for that to be sent as a formal offer after passing the checks?

Is there a delay in that information being passed to the manager, do they have other processes to do before "everything" is complete, do they wait to a certain time in the month before releasing the next batch, or are they just busy?

Cheers

My national security vetting came through as approved on Tuesday. Still not had formal offer and portal says pre employment checks are taking place
How long did your security vetting take?
I think some of us should compare notes 😂

Original post by Stephers75!
My national security vetting came through as approved on Tuesday. Still not had formal offer and portal says pre employment checks are taking place
Reply 3
My security is complete and the portal says updating but I just wonder what the next stage is, when will the formal offer be sent.

I got my basic clearance almost the same day but over all checks were pretty much bag on 4 weeks
Reply 4
Original post by KezS
How long did your security vetting take?
I think some of us should compare notes 😂

3 weeks
Original post by JDSensations

Cheers

Have you had your start date yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Totocs
Have you had your start date yet?

Yeah I got confirmation of checks completed in 4 weeks then had a phone call a couple of days after to confirm employment details and a date
Hi- could I ask - did they contact existing employer for reference before a firm offer was made?
Original post by Ollypppppppppp
Hi- could I ask - did they contact existing employer for reference before a firm offer was made?

Yes!
Thanks for reply- how awkward- how the heck do you inform existing employer they are asking for a reference but you may not have a job? 😬 could I ask how long after reference request you were formally offered a job?
Original post by Ollypppppppppp

None of mine were contacted during the pre employment checks but all checks are complete. Still waiting for the formal offer though so not sure if they contact them during this stage or not.
Thankyou for this. My work will be very awkward over this. Been a very long time since I applied for jobs so no idea what is normal !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending