The Student Room Group

Secularisation in sociology and religious study

I do both AQA RS and socio and both feature secularisation. When I explain reasons for secularisation for RS, my mind automatically gives me the explanations listed in sociology. If I do this in my exam will I lose marks as the explanations I come up with are not wrong but they are not the ones listed in the textbook?
Original post by nadia_ali1120
I do both AQA RS and socio and both feature secularisation. When I explain reasons for secularisation for RS, my mind automatically gives me the explanations listed in sociology. If I do this in my exam will I lose marks as the explanations I come up with are not wrong but they are not the ones listed in the textbook?

I doubt you would lose credit as long as the reasons are actually correct and your explanation and evaluation are good
Original post by nadia_ali1120

@nadia_ali1120
Typically when exploring secularisation four of the strongest reasons would be Rationalisation. ...Structural Differentiation. ...Social and Cultural Diversity. ...Religious diversity.

There is a fantastic book by Aldridge called 'Religion in the Contemporary World' you might enjoy

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest