The Student Room Group

learning as pure maths over the summer?

Hello! I’m in y11 and I really want to do a level maths at sixth form. I was wondering whether I should learn all of the y1 content over the summer as I heard that a level maths is extremely demanding and would like a head start. While it’s not 100% known that I will get the entry requirements to get in (7 in maths) , I have worked hard and believe that it is possible.
Original post by jasonsworld
Hello! I’m in y11 and I really want to do a level maths at sixth form. I was wondering whether I should learn all of the y1 content over the summer as I heard that a level maths is extremely demanding and would like a head start. While it’s not 100% known that I will get the entry requirements to get in (7 in maths) , I have worked hard and believe that it is possible.

I don’t think you need to do that. You could have a look at some of the first things you’ll learn if you wanted. But don’t burn yourself out before you’ve even started!
Reply 2
Original post by jasonsworld

Many school set holiday prep work for Maths - ask your teacher about that.

Quick Reply

Latest