The Student Room Group

Will this affect my university chances at all,

Hi, I’ve had to move sixth forms due to constant transport issues, I was at sixth form 1, from Sept-Jan, and we decided I needed to move in order to have ample opportunity to receive the grades I wanted, given there was very little support surrounding sending work home etc,
I cannot start sixth form B until September this year with the same A-Levels besides one,

Tell me, does this count as a resit or not sitting a-levels over the usual 3 year period - as I know this can affect university admissions to popular courses; which I am an applying to…
or is it likely to be overlooked or not even seen, as I didn’t actually sit any exams, I just started some of the work over the initial 4 month period before leaving in commencement of my new start this September.

Any help would be appreciated,
Reply 1
Original post by V3cn4
Hi, I’ve had to move sixth forms due to constant transport issues, I was at sixth form 1, from Sept-Jan, and we decided I needed to move in order to have ample opportunity to receive the grades I wanted, given there was very little support surrounding sending work home etc,
I cannot start sixth form B until September this year with the same A-Levels besides one,

Tell me, does this count as a resit or not sitting a-levels over the usual 3 year period - as I know this can affect university admissions to popular courses; which I am an applying to…
or is it likely to be overlooked or not even seen, as I didn’t actually sit any exams, I just started some of the work over the initial 4 month period before leaving in commencement of my new start this September.

Any help would be appreciated,

You'll have to record this school on UCAS and your referee can explain why you re-started.

Why didn't you anticipate the travel issues?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
You'll have to record this school on UCAS and your referee can explain why you re-started.

Why didn't you anticipate the travel issues?

Because I wasn’t aware that my train service would be reduced to about half a little way through the year, and couldn’t really anticipate the concurrent intervening rail strikes.
If your referee explains your circumstances this should not cause any issues.
Reply 4
Original post by V3cn4
Because I wasn’t aware that my train service would be reduced to about half a little way through the year, and couldn’t really anticipate the concurrent intervening rail strikes.

There's more than one way of getting to school ... how far away was it?
Reply 5
There's more than one way of getting to school ... how far away was it?

Not for me there wasn’t…

50 mins - on a good day.
Reply 6
Original post by V3cn4
Not for me there wasn’t…

50 mins - on a good day.

Probably too far if there was just one way of getting there. Anyway, something to bear in mind when choosing a job -

You'll be fine :smile:
Reply 7
Probably too far if there was just one way of getting there. Anyway, something to bear in mind when choosing a job -

You'll be fine :smile:

I’ll be moving to London either for university or post university, no trouble of that 😂
Reply 8
Original post by V3cn4
I’ll be moving to London either for university or post university, no trouble of that 😂

expensive!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending