The Student Room Group

Laptop for architecture undergraduate student

I still have time to think on deciding my laptop before September, but I’ve began to think about the requirements and how I will afford it since there looks to be no funding in place at my chosen uni.

I’m mostly interested in Lenovos and Dells however they seem to be on the pricey side. Is there any solid recommendations that anyone could give me for relatively powerful laptops/desktops that are slightly more budget friendly?

I can imagine that in my course I would be carrying out rendering using software such as autocad and revit which would be very demanding on the laptop’s graphics card, storage and processing power. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
its probably best to look at the actual software your course recommends, check the recommended specs provided by the software's website and try and match the headline numbers (memory/cpu) with whatever laptops are available on the market

storage is not such a big concern since you can always buy external drives to make up whatever potential shortfall you encounter
Original post by Leejanmelia
I still have time to think on deciding my laptop before September, but I’ve began to think about the requirements and how I will afford it since there looks to be no funding in place at my chosen uni.

I’m mostly interested in Lenovos and Dells however they seem to be on the pricey side. Is there any solid recommendations that anyone could give me for relatively powerful laptops/desktops that are slightly more budget friendly?

I can imagine that in my course I would be carrying out rendering using software such as autocad and revit which would be very demanding on the laptop’s graphics card, storage and processing power. Thanks :smile:

I've just answered a similar question on this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7366100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending