The Student Room Group

Need help picking a topic for EPQ

I am choosing to do my EPQ on quantum mechanics. Ideas I have considered are Quantum Tunnelling, Superposition, wave-particle duality, Uncertainty principle.

I also have a university lecture to help me with this project.

Any help would be appreciated.
Vest thing to do is choose the one you can write the most about. Over the summer I would recommend you find a topic that has 5 to 8 subheadings. Make note of useful or used websites and create a progress log on what you've done and how it went as well as targets. Use the subheading to divide down the word count to ensure it is realistic.

If you have time as I know its summer, I would gather a range of information such as video, documentaries, books as well as think what you can do for primary data.

I will worn you 16 people in my year applied for the EPQ and by January there was only 4 of us as many people hadn't kept up with the work due to ucas applications. Getting a head start helps prevent this and gives you a better chance of seeing it through. That being said the support in my school wasn't great.
Reply 2
Original post by cm0165
I am choosing to do my EPQ on quantum mechanics. Ideas I have considered are Quantum Tunnelling, Superposition, wave-particle duality, Uncertainty principle.

I also have a university lecture to help me with this project.

Any help would be appreciated.

Agree with silverwolf. definitely choose the one you can write the most about. My daughter did particle physics as a whole, rather than just drilling into one type of particle like a W boson or neutrino.
And with EPQ she used the time in the holidays and half terms to write it up /make notes as you have to keep on top of it. At least half dropped out, but it is worth doing as unis do like that you are doing independent study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending