The Student Room Group

Verbal to written offer timeline?

Hey guys, how long does it usually take to get a written offer after receiving a verbal offer?

I got a verbal one on Tuesday end of day and she said it would take 48hrs, which would be end of day today.

Should I be worried or are there usually alot of approvals etc?
Reply 1
Original post by Fineappleonpiza
Hey guys, how long does it usually take to get a written offer after receiving a verbal offer?

I got a verbal one on Tuesday end of day and she said it would take 48hrs, which would be end of day today.

Should I be worried or are there usually alot of approvals etc?

The timeline for receiving a written offer after a verbal offer can vary depending on several factors, including the organization's internal processes and the complexity of the offer. While it's ideal for the written offer to be provided within the stated timeframe, it's not uncommon for there to be some delays due to approvals, documentation, or other administrative tasks.

If the end of the day today marks the 48-hour deadline mentioned to you, it may be worth reaching out to the person who gave you the verbal offer to politely inquire about the status. You can express your continued interest in the position and ask if there have been any updates or if there's any additional information or documentation they require from you to finalize the offer.

Keep in mind that delays can happen for various reasons, and it's possible that the process is taking longer than anticipated due to unforeseen circumstances. It's generally recommended to give the organization a bit of leeway before becoming overly concerned.

If you don't receive the written offer within the expected timeframe or if you don't receive a response to your inquiry, you can follow up again after a reasonable amount of time has passed. However, it's important to approach the situation with patience and professionalism.

Remember, each organization and situation is unique, so it's best to communicate directly with the relevant parties involved to get accurate information about the status of your offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending