The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Media BA 2023

Hi, I am a 2023 applicant to this course and I was wondering how many people applied to this course last year because I heard 800 applicants applied but only 80 people got in. And has anyone else also applied to this course??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CRLine
Hi, I am a 2023 applicant to this course and I was wondering how many people applied to this course last year because I heard 800 applicants applied but only 80 people got in. And has anyone else also applied to this course??

OMG! I am also applying to this course~ What was your predicted grade?? I did the IB and I got 45... which is not a bad score but I am still worried that I'll get rejected. :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hey I'm applying as well!!
Reply 3
Original post by TheSuckUpStudent
Hey I'm applying as well!!

Wow good to hear that! Are you also an IB student?
Original post by CRLine
Wow good to hear that! Are you also an IB student?

Nope, a levels :smile: I’m currently on a gap year!
Reply 5
Nope, a levels :smile: I’m currently on a gap year!

Ahhh, I see. :biggrin:Which other universities did you also apply to?
Original post by CRLine
Ahhh, I see. :biggrin:Which other universities did you also apply to?

I’m going to apply to KCL but haven’t decided on the rest! What about you?
Reply 7
I’m going to apply to KCL but haven’t decided on the rest! What about you?

Oh I also applied to KCL, LSE, Manchester and UCL in November, but haven't got any offer yet.
Original post by CRLine
Oh I also applied to KCL, LSE, Manchester and UCL in November, but haven't got any offer yet.

Oh nice! London unis are known to take their time ahah last year I applied to kcl for a different course in November and didn't receive an offer until February!

What course did you apply for at LSE?
Reply 9
Oh nice! London unis are known to take their time ahah last year I applied to kcl for a different course in November and didn't receive an offer until February!

What course did you apply for at LSE?

So true hahaha, got to be patient.
I applied for social anthropology at LSE. I don't think I'll get accepted anyway, at least just give it a try hahha. And for the rest of unis I applied for media majors.
Did you also apply to other countries?
Original post by CRLine
So true hahaha, got to be patient.
I applied for social anthropology at LSE. I don't think I'll get accepted anyway, at least just give it a try hahha. And for the rest of unis I applied for media majors.
Did you also apply to other countries?

oh! social anthro sounds so interesting, honestly something i'd consider- was your personal statement just media based?
Anyone heard anything?
Has anyone else got an offer for Media at UCL yet?
Original post by james.tudentroom
Has anyone else got an offer for Media at UCL yet?

I haven't, have you?
Yes, I got an offer early last week. Im sure you will here soon.
Is UCL your first choice?
Original post by james.tudentroom
Yes, I got an offer early last week. Im sure you will here soon.
Is UCL your first choice?

Oh congrats that's great news! I'm stuck between kcl and ucl at the moment! Do you mind telling me when you applied? And what your predicted grades were if you feel comfortable :smile:

Edit: and if you're a home or international applicant hahaha
(edited 1 year ago)
Oh congrats that's great news! I'm stuck between kcl and ucl at the moment! Do you mind telling me when you applied? And what your predicted grades were if you feel comfortable :smile:

Edit: and if you're a home or international applicant hahaha

I applied around the middle of October and I was predicted A*AA. I am also a home applicant. If you want to you can send me your instagram and we can message on there because I am sure it will be helpful to have someone else to ask about accommodation etc.
I applied to this course and still haven’t got an offer. I got an offer from KCL a couple of weeks ago though. Apparently most people who applied in the previous years got their offer on February the 3rd judging based on the past threads on this course. Hopefully we all hear good news!
Original post by Wasif04
I applied to this course and still haven’t got an offer. I got an offer from KCL a couple of weeks ago though. Apparently most people who applied in the previous years got their offer on February the 3rd judging based on the past threads on this course. Hopefully we all hear good news!

When did you apply and what are your predicted? I haven't heard back from UCL and kcl yet and they are my only 2 options that I actually like haha
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Wasif04
I applied around mid December and my predicted are AAB. Really hope you get to hear from both soon and I get to hear from UCL soon haha

Awesome! Congrats on the offer, I'm sure there will be good news soon! Do you prefer UCL or KCL?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending