The Student Room Group

Which uni better

I have got offers from both Queens uni belfast nd Lancaster university.i am an international student planninng to study bsc business mgt and would like to which is better among these two and why
do you want to live in a capital city or in a campus on the outskirts of a small city?
Reply 2
The decision about which between the two universities is better for you depends on your individual priorities ⁠ and the intended benefits you desire from your academic journey. To determine which of the two is better, you can review the specific courses and programs provided by both universities ⁠ to guarantee they correspond with your academic interests and career goals. ⁠Besides, you can research the reputation of the departments that ⁠ are applicable to your selected academic discipline. Consider rankings, research output, ⁠ and faculty expertise. Additionally, consider the campus atmosphere, extracurricular activities, and ⁠ student support services offered by each university.  Last but not least, meditate upon how selecting a specific location can shape your preferred way of life, influence financial considerations ⁠ such as living costs, and determine its distance from home sweet home while impacting possible career paths.  All the best YoRithika!
Original post by YoRithika
I have got offers from both Queens uni belfast nd Lancaster university.i am an international student planninng to study bsc business mgt and would like to which is better among these two and why

Depends on your interests- course you want to study--
Reply 4
The ranking is the most concerning ..queens uni has a very low ranking for business as compared to lancaster but i am not sure which gives better placements because at the end of the day ..placements play a very imp role pls advice

Original post by PQ
do you want to live in a capital city or in a campus on the outskirts of a small city?
Reply 5
Lancaster is the one with a solid reputation for Industrial Placements.
The ranking is the most concerning ..queens uni has a very low ranking for business as compared to lancaster but i am not sure which gives better placements because at the end of the day ..placements play a very imp role pls advice

Hey,

Just here to say placement/rankings aren't everything when looking for a University, for example, we are number 1 university in the UK for graduate employment according to the HESA: Graduate Outcomes 2023 so if you are looking for actual career prospects it's worth looking wider than the 'top rated' in the league tables.

Obviously you need to choose the right University for you though, which may be one of those two! Best of luck with your applications! :smile:

- Luke
Reply 7

I dont know much about the course and placement, but I do know business and management are super popular at Lancaster. Its one of the more popular courses. My eldest does physics there and they really helped with her placements. you could speak to a student that studies there https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/ they will be able to help when it comes to placements and what its like to study there.

Quick Reply

Latest